British passport change ?

I heard their  changing the  UK  passports soon Mines is the EU Red version.

My question is will mines still be valid once UK switches back to blue ones Mines dosent expire until  May 2027.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you all for your time.

New style passports will be issued from October 2019.  Current passports will remain valid till their expiry date; at that stage, you will receive one of the new style ones when you apply for your new passport.

Cynic wrote:

New style passports will be issued from October 2019.  Current passports will remain valid till their expiry date; at that stage, you will receive one of the new style ones when you apply for your new passport.

Thank you Cynic.

James Oliver wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Thank you Cynic.

I've just read from elsewhere, that from the issue date of October 2019, should you wish to do so, you can exchange your old passport for another of the new design.  However, there is (currently) no reason for you to do so.

Cynic wrote:
James Oliver wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Thank you Cynic.

I've just read from elsewhere, that from the issue date of October 2019, should you wish to do so, you can exchange your old passport for another of the new design.  However, there is (currently) no reason for you to do so.

If for some reason I did want to change I dont plan on doing so but my sister may is their an extra cost involved in doing so Cynic ?

James Oliver wrote:
Cynic wrote:
James Oliver wrote:

Thank you Cynic.

If for some reason I did want to change I dont plan on doing so but my sister may is their an extra cost involved in doing so Cynic ?

Hi - there is always a charge for the issue of a passport.  The charge will be whatever the rate is at the time of application.

Thank you.