Jeddah for three days.

Hey everyone,

I'm exploring the option of visiting Jeddah for the first time in Jan 2018. I'll be traveling solo from Riyadh and have never been to Jeddah before. Is there much to see (especially interested in history, archeological sites nearby..) and visit (mosques, museums) and what is the culture like for single people? Could I approach and talk to locals or is it still taboo like Riyadh? I'm an American with some moderate understanding of the Saudi Arabic. Cheers.

Jeddah is different compared to Riyadh, more relaxed environment.

You can start off from the historic area of Balad, it has museums, old houses with artifacts etc, but AFAIK you'll need to book the trip in advance, I've only been there during festivals when it was open. Google naseef house or balad and get more info online.

People are friendlier compared to Riyadh, you also got Jeddah beach/obhur, diving, hiking groups which you can find all of those on social media sites.

Enjoy it.

Hamudi said what's there to know about Jeddah & Riyadh . . .

However, I think both cities are equal in being relaxed, in regards of approaching the locals it depend on how smooth you are . . so good luck

Enjoy your trip and have fun . . .

Awaiting your trip's report