Citizenship question

Hello, my name is Nick, I am a Romanian living and working in the UK for 4 years straight.

I got a job in Ireland through an UK agency that will pay my taxes in the UK. It is a contract position.

Now, if I relocate to Ireland but will be paid through an UK recruiting agency, will I still be able to apply for UK passport (when the right time comes)? Or, regarding the UK passport, all 4 years will have been for nothing in this regard? What can you teach me please as I don't know where to get this answer?

What proof do I usually need when applying for citizenship / passport? Should I rent a room in the UK but leave it empty and go to Ireland? Would do any good?

Kind regards,
Nick

I guess you want to become a British Citizan? You will have to take an exam, and from what I've heard it is a tough one.

It is a tough one your question, as I've seen reports that people who have lived in the UK for years have not been able to apply for citizenship. It's normally 5 years of uninterrupted stay in the country before you can apply for citizenship.

But if I have an UK company and I pay my taxes in the UK, what does that mean for a citizenship application. How do they check if I stayed basically?

Your situation is some what unique, I don't know who you could ask or check. Maybe you could ask at the Citizen Advise Burro?