Visa Runs in Malaysia and Jobs in Johor Bahru

I will be moving to Malaysia next year, as my boyfriend is moving his business from Vietnam to Johor Bahru.

My question is in regards to visa's. Living in Vietnam I had no problems my first year and a half here doing visa runs 2015-2016ish..Is Malaysia the same.. I seem to be reading that the authorities will let you do this a couple of times and then there might be trouble with re-entry.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way around this? I am looking for work in JB but it seems to be pretty limited so was considering getting a remote working job.

Additionally does anybody know the best way to search for a job in JB? I am using LinkedIn, Job street, etc and I don't want to commute to Singapore.

Thanks!

The education and IT sectors are the best places to try and find work. Not much else is available.

For your b/f the incorporation of a local company requires considerable capital and does not always result in a work permit being issued by immigration. Hopefully the process will go smoothly. http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/major-pr … d-company/

Thanks! I will look into those industries. He has a great team of lawyers and advisors on board.