Certified Marriage and BirthCertificate for dependents

Hi All,

I gt my Employment Pass n Single entry visa for malaysia and about to apply dependent visa for my wife and Kids. I came to know that certified copy has to be endorsed by Secretariat, external affairs  and them by malaysian embassy. I am from chennai, India. Anyone one have idea how Secretariat and external affairs would endorsed it. Please guide me.

This thread and author may be helpful https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=697540

Plus checking with the Malaysian Consulate in Chennai - http://www.kln.gov.my/web/ind_chennai/home

Or Indian High Commission in KL - https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … ense.html#

Don't forget to sort out your driving license as well

Thanks much Gravitas! You saved me. I went thru the links and got BC and MC attested.
Anyways let me summarize for others bcoz agents demanded close to 500$ to get this done which got completed in less that 3-4 hrs.

To get Birth and Mrg certificate attested do as below:
1) Go to your State secretariat, Foreign secretary wing and provide them with Marriage certificate , Birth certificate , Passport copies of Self spouse and kids.Visa Letter copies. For chennai, Location is St George Fort. It took less than 1 hr to get it attested. Timing 9am - 12pm.
2) After Attestation from Secretariat, Reach out to External Affairs in you location. For chennai its in Nungambakkam EVK Sampath Building , ,7th floor. Got to carry Postal Order) of Rs 50 for each document. Copies of Marriage certificate, Birth certificate and Passport of self and kids required. they collect the doc between 10 am to 1 pm and they stamp them and return on the same day at 4.30 pm.
3) After these attestations are complete head towards, Consulate of Malaysia with attested copies and Originals with your passport copies. Doc collection time is between 9 am - 12 pm. It will be returned on the same day at 3.30 pm. Fees Rs 200 for each document.

Thanks for taking time to explain for future occasions. Don't forget your driving licence if you did not see the comment earlier.

Hi ashok
So no need to go to BLS for high commission to attest, we can go to consulate of malaysia at chennai to get attestation to proceed submit dependant application

No. Attestation will not be done at Consulate of Malaysia. Plz read post again. After your attestation at Secretariat and external affairs you got to go to consulate for final seal.

Hi Ashok,
Thanks a lot. how many days it took to process all these steps. and also please advise how many days it took for you to get DP

Btw my case, my EP is still under progress. in that case is it possible to do all these formalaities without having any visa and am in Singapore moving to Malaysia for a project.

1. Go to state secretariat, get attestation
2. Then go to MEA at Chennai, get attestation
3. Finally go to consulate of Malaysia at Chennai for final stamping

Is my understanding correct? please help.

Hi Ashok,
Thanks a lot. how many days it took to process all these steps. and also please advise how many days it took for you to get DP

Btw my case, my EP is still under progress. in that case is it possible to do all these formalaities without having any visa and am in Singapore moving to Malaysia for a project.

Is my understanding correct? please help.

yes thats right.
secretariat 1 day
MEA 1 day
Consulate 1 day.

If you plan early on secretariat , you can complete (secretariat and MEA) on same day.
Go early, slightly push them. Dont give any extra money. Not required at all and they are also not looking for that.

Thanks a lot bro.

Hi Ashok
Need your advise. Can i able to bring my family under social visit visa when my dp under progress and is it ok.

Thanks for sharing the process in steps and your experience on getting it done ...
how ever it is kind of ok process for the people staying in city where all the 3 are located in same city ...but its going to be a big task to those staying in other locations, so no option than depending on the agents - and these agents charge 5K to 8K for each document to complete all 3 steps! which is really an expensive :(
Govt also shared details in the MEA portal on the process and fee (~300 to 500) but these agents deny for that and also give us an impression its your original documents and if you follow for those less charges process you may have no guarantee you get your docs back :(

I don't really understand why this is made mandatory by authorities? though you have a original copy and supporting documents they give priority for stamp that was done through agents!! Hope Govt and authorities will look in to this process to make it easy accessible and available for all - I did raise a concern and shared my experience to MEA feed back email in the web site, hope few of you and those friends coming on way will also report to MEA to make this process smooth