Looking to move,need your advice!

Hi

I'm Bob from the Philly area,Truly thinking of becoming a expat.
I have been looking at India,But not sure.I previously thought of Panama ,but they want you to have a larger bank account than What I have.Want to live somewhere where I can live comfortable on my social security .Not sure if that's possible or not.One thing which worries me about India is heat & humidity,though I always wanted to visit.Wanting this to become my permanent home .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome on board Bob :)

Your message has been moved to the India forum for better visibility ;) I suggest you to have a look at our guide which contains useful articles on life in India.

Good luck
Armand

Hello,

My husband and I have retired here in India.  We have rented a cottage in Bhowali which is located in the foothills of the Himalayan range.  The weather is cool in summer due to the elevation.  There is some snow in winter.  I love it here.  It's much less crowded here. We are living well on $1000.00 USD/month.  That includes our housekeeper/cook Please contact me with questions.  [email protected]

Hello whiteindiangrandmother -> Just to note that this thread is dated 2011 and is old. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

You look beautiful in your profile pic grandma! I commend your move to India :)

Thank you.  I am loving India.