Prepaid Cellular In Cairo??? Where could I get one??

I am going to Cairo in a few weeks ,Does anybody knows where in the Airport  or in Zamaleck could I get a prepaid phone???

in Zamalek

Vodafone Egypt
106 26th Of July St.
Zamalek, Cairo

You can get the SIM card separately

Thanks what do you mean I can get sim card separately,,I am a little slow when It comes with technology..

You don't have to purchase a new cell phone; you can buy only a sim chip (local number), If you already have a cell phone. And swap your old sim with the new local one.

that is only if your phone is simlock-free! If you have bought your phone with a contract, your phone is locked for other sim-cards!

YES I bought it with a 2 year contract In New york ,T mobile
Guess I will buy a cheap phone there ,,??I have a Mexican cellular with no contract Prepaid from Mexico maybe that will do it I will try ,,Thanks guys,,,mIRTA

slowtrav.com/europe/cell_phones.htm (Europe is the same as Egypt for frequency)
Here: gsmarena.com you can search (top right) for the model of the Mexican phone and see which gsm network/frequency it supports.
Here: mobileshop.com.eg you can find the prices of different models.

Good luck!

Yes you should get a Mobile Phone quickly so you can start building that local contact list.You should expect to be asked for your number all the time be diligent about how you hand the phone number out or you may find that you begin to receive un-wanted telephone calls possibly at all hours of the day or night.

i just save this type call,using the name prank.I almost never respond and they just give up.

If you're here in Egypt on a permanent basis with and existing mobile, I recommend you precede to one of the nearest mobile phone retailers. That belongs to one of the three primary service providers, located within Egypt. The three services providers are (Mobinil, Vodafone and Etisalat) you can obtain a Sim-card from any of the service providers mentioned. The cost of Sim-cards may be from seven to fifteen Le based on the selected provider.

I recommend buying a second charger for work place use, this will only cost approximately fifteen Le.Be sure you put it away when your done charging the phone.They tend to grow legs in the local work place.

A prepackaged basic mobile device can be purchased for as little as 35.00 US dollars it should come with an available charger, battery and Sim card.And only requires three steps to make the device operational. All the steps are straight forward and the retail shop will most likely take care of them during the purchase process.you will need to purchase other prepaid cards for charging the phone as needed.

All three services are sort of competitively priced within reason and offer an assortment of packages. Both Mobinil and Vodafone currently have better overall coverage of Egypt then etisalat when calling a person on one of the other networks or when your outside of larger cities. In cairo they all three work well. This situation may effectively be corrected over the next year or so when it's corrected. I will then consider switching my provider to etisalat based on pricing alone. But for now I recommend either of the other two services.

You will most likely need to pay attention to the process of charging the phone with a prepaid calling card. These pre- paid cards are widely used across Egypt and readily available from a wide assortment of shops or directly from the service providers. Another general rule is that foreign nationals are not normally given a phone line that results in a monthly itemized statement or bill for the account unless it's guaranteed by a local company, in written form on company letter head which you're being employed by during your stay in Egypt.

The last step you need to perform after you return home, is plug in the charger then charge the battery overnight.

yes Geely is totally right
as only if your phone is simlock-free.

Yes be very careful about giving your number. preferably don't share it online, otherwise you will get dozens of unwanted calls everyday.

Shorouk wrote:

Both Mobinil and Vodafone currently have better overall coverage of Egypt then etisalat when calling a person on one of the other networks or when your outside of larger cities.

If you set the operator to automatic, there is no problem for Etisalat, because when there is no Etisalat coverage, the phone switches automatically to Vodafone (there is an agreement between Etisalat and Vodafone)

Thank you guys for all your help I will be in Cairo 5 Days but I feel nervous with out a Cell,,Crazy ,,

yes thats issue i was talking about the tower sharing is not as flawless as many think in more remote areas there are still issues in and around Cairo and other major cities they are much the same.

we have both mobinil and vodafone two phones each and i think three etisalat lines which we almost now never use.