Housing- serviced apartments

Hello, I am moving from Baltimore, MD to Singapore for six months and I have been looking at serviced apartments but am having difficulty ensuring that the residence I'm interested in is not some kind of scam.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding LMB housing and specifically One North Residences in the Buona Vista area. I am working at NUHS and would like to be nearby or a short train ride. If anyone has other recommendations for Serviced apartments I would welcome those as well.

Thank you!
Sophie

Looking at their webpage, online reviews etc., I would say they are most likely an existing and legitimate company.
Scammers do not usually have such an elaborate setup. But you should nevertheless check further: You could for example request their business registration details and verify them with ACRA, or ask a friend to visit the location and have a look.
Also, try to negotiate payment after you have moved in to reduce your risk!

Hi Sophie,
Beppi's pointers above are useful for an expat's point of view. 

Generally, Singapore is a rather safe place. Do your basic due diligence by asking friends in Singapore to verify on the ground. Also, there should be professional agreement for any such housing - a legitimate company will have these and abide by the laws in Singapore.

All the Best and if you need any help in Singapore, just ask any of us or your friends.

Cheers
Kevin