Local health insurance

Hi there, I believe this topic was discussed before but unfortunately I was not able to get the right answer. I went today to Allianz insurance agency in order to get the insurance and so I can proceed with my residence card request, however the agent informed me that it will not be accepted. I'm staying in Bucharest sector 5, hence I'm seeking your advise on which health insurance I should make and if possible where it can be done?

You might review this topic: Public Health Insurance

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Romaniac, to be honest it's still not clear for me. My main interest is to know from where I have to get the insurance in preset to apply for the residency. I'm here on family visa and just reached few days ago and my wife not really sure how it works

If your wife works, you can be co-insured with her, her employer can work it out. 

Otherwise, you have two options I think.  You can go the private insurance route with another company, others on the forum might be able to suggest a company that offers a policy that will satisfy IGI.  The usually less expensive, but more complicated option is to get state health insurance thru CNAS.

I just arrive in romania last month on visit visa. Got married here in Timisoara and i am now applying for my permis de sedere. We got insurance from OMNIASIG for a month. We submitted the documents and are just waiting for schedule for interview. Other filipinas I know got their insurance from allianz for 1 year and they have their permit already so i am not sure why allianz is telling you that it wont be accepted. Do u know the reason?