How is life in China?

Hi,

I am starting a new topic about China and Chinese's way of life. I spoke to several expats in China since I started to work on the Expat.com project and I am wondering if they would like to share their experience about this country and its people ;)

Hello ,

if you are interested in China world , you can check my blog ; it is also written in english on friday.

Hi Qinshihuangdi,

Very interesting blog that you got here. Is your expatriation still planned for April ?

Good luck for your Chinese language courses !

TC

Living in China is fine after the first six months which are hell, once you learn some of the language, get used to pollution, you'll find the people as well as the food are great :)www.koval.net

Des

I've been in Beijing five months and so far it hasn't been hell at all. I love it here. My Chinese is coming along slowly but improving at least. There are some annoying habits and sometimes the pollution can be really bad but generally I think it's a wonderful, colourful vibrant place. After three months here I really needed a break from it as it's so intense but after a week's break working in Japan, I was revived and happy to be back in what I now consider home.

I can imagine what you found hell but I'm interested to know in more detail what were the things that really bothered you.

Where else do other expats live in China?

Regards,

Jon

Tôm Càng wrote:

Hi Qinshihuangdi,

Very interesting blog that you got here. Is your expatriation still planned for April ?

Good luck for your Chinese language courses !

TC

Hello TC,

I arrived in china in April ,effectively.
After 2 months spent in Beijing, I am actually in shanghai

http://chine-voyage.blogspot.com

Welcome on board Lychee :)

Theres not really such thing as "life in china".

Life can be really different depending on the place you live at.

Its mostly true when you compare the life in Shanghai to underdevelopped northern provinces but its still true between 2 big cities like Shanghai & Beijing.

Being in Shanghai, I must say the life there is fantastic, given that you came by your own will and are willing to adapt (which is not always the case). You can have a quality of life in Shanghai with around 1500 euro a months which would require around 4000 to 5000 euro a month in Paris.

There's a lot blog about China. I setup a blog hope to give people a broader view of China, the people, family, environment, social, politics, economy, culture, etc.

Have a look to see whether it helps.

Any comments are welcome.

Woah Henry,

Reading a blog like yours everyday is a sure way to immune oneself against the will to go and live in China...

Good work, though, somebody has to do it...

TC

I love living in China.   I live out west, so the culture is a mix of Han, Tibetan, and Muslim.  It was much easier to adjust to living here than when I was in Kazakhstan, as so much is available, and everyone seems to really want to help.  Learning to speak was easy, but learning to read and write is practically impossible for me.   Bonnie
(www.yakattack.typepad.com)