My lame dream

So I'm a 27 year old male coming from a smal town in Norway and I want to be an actor in LA or NY. Yeah, I know it's lame and I'v never really done anything about this dream before, never even took a class. All I ever did was work with computers and it was/is very boring. Now something has changed, my apparment burned in a house fire, no one died but I lost everything I owned and my inssurance is way to small. I've lived here all my life and really only have a few good friends left so I'm not particularry atached to this place. Currently I'm living at a motel so what do I have to lose? About 20.000$ in insurrance money thats not even enough to get a new appartment... Is this just stupid or should I go with the "you only live once" philosophy? Really lost right now but feel like I'm closing inn on something, I know I want acting and singing lessons no matter where I go and no more computer work.

Hi,

Moving to the US will require a work visa. In order to obtain a work visa you will need a company to file a petition on your behalf. Unfortunately, you will have a much easier time to obtain a work visa in the capacity of an IT professional than an aspiring actor.

Good luck in any case

Your dream is not lame, but it is a dream.

Any luck?

Hi kleenaxe,

Please note that you posted on an old thread and you may not have any reply.

Do you also want to share your dream with the members of Expat.com?

Do not hesitate to participate in the other discussions on the forum.

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team