Family visa

Hi guys,

Can any one tell me how long it takes to someone who has been granted a  family visa[in a process of applying for it] to travel back to his home town to clear off  pending issues.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Faithful 17

I don't understand your question.  do you mean how long you can stay out of norway if you are granted family visa?

I mean if I have been granted the visa, can I travel automatically out of Norway?

yes, if you have been granted the visa, you can of course travel out of norway for personal reason.

but there is a limit of how long you can be out of Norway cummulative, if you plan to renew or apply for new visa.

I cannot find the exact details but when I want to apply for permanent residence, they tried to track my travel to ensure that I am not out of the country for more than 180 days (cummulative) out of 3 years.  If I am out due to work purposes, I need to provide a letter from my employer to prove that.

Hello Fornigt,

Thanks a lot.

Please ,  do you have an idea of the waiting time?

Faithful17

Faithful17 wrote:

Hello Fornigt,

Thanks a lot.

Please ,  do you have an idea of the waiting time?

Faithful17

Which waiting time?  Waiting time for permanent residency application???

Yes!

Waiting time for permanent residency varies depending on where you come from.  For me, who is from Singapore, I was told approx 3 to 4 months.  I have heard of others who waited for 1 year.

Note that you need to fulfill new requirements now to be qualify to apply permanent residency.  It is much stricter now....example need to pass A1 test for oral and for people holding family unification as 1st valid visa, you need to meet min income (not including husband, it must be your own income) to qualify.

The good thing about permanent residency is once you get it, you don't have to pay renewal fee for future.

Thanks!

Hei  I want asking about my pepers to renew my resedent permit  my husband not enough salary if possible  my brother inlaw can help guarantee to renew my resident permit? pls help me.