Resident/permit decision waiting time

Hej Salwa,

Did you manage to submit your “Request to conclude Case” form?

Hi guys, how soon after the interview can one  send a request to conclude case form? Also if one gets the residents permit, how long does the MV give for you to move to Sweden?
Thanks

Luc You can send the form a day after the interview ..😊 also it takes 2-4weeks for the form to be sent to your address or the address you filled in the form or the embassy ..some it takes less than 2weeks too

Hello everyone
The law that came into force in july is just a showoff from MV. They dont really do anything. We have been waiting for almost 15 months and I did the interview like 4 months ago. Last week I filled in the form to request a conclusion on my case and today they sent a letter to my husband saying that our request is denied due to lack of time to make a decision. Everything is like a joke. This process is so frustrating 😐

Hi MaliheA, where are you applying from?  That's very peculiar of a response from MV!

I am from Iran and I applied from Iran.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : comment deleted - requested by the initiator

Hello Every One

Around three months ago (early June), I applied (online from Italy) for the work-permit in Sweden, and I didn't hear anything yet (from MV) about the decision! Does anyone know how long it will take for the decision, considering that the summer period was  within this three months? two-three weeks ago I called them and they said that the first application usually takes 1-3 three months, but I am still waiting?

I have requested to join Facebook group my Facebook user name is Eliza

Hi acechienh!

I am not sure if this applies to everyone or if the Swedish Migration has different set of rules depending on their ties to your country. I am not really sure what differs from one country to another. But I applied for residence permit to live with my boyfriend early of 2017, then mid 2017 I applied for Visitor's permit to visit him since the processing time for the residence permit would take 14-18 months. My application on visitor's permit was granted after 2 months. So yes, I spent 6 months in Sweden while my application on residence permit was ongoing. Before my visitor's permit expired, we were contacted by the Swedish Migration and asked if I could leave the country because they are on their way to make a decision on my residence permit application. I went back home to my country and 2 months later, I got the decision from the migration.

Anyone here can only give advice/s based on his/her own experience along the process, but the best you can do is to reach out the respective people and abide the rules and regulations set. I advice that you contact the migration before you do anything.  That's what I and my boyfriend did before we took any step forward to (1) make sure we don't waste any money spending on something that we should not do (2) make sure we don't break any rule set by the migration.

Hope this helps! And hoping for the best result to each and everyone!

acechienh wrote:

Hi MaliheA!

I am sorry to hear the bad news. I understand how frustrating it is. I felt the same when the Norwegian Embassy rejected my application on Schengen Visa. My boyfriend and I felt really frustrated but we had to whether accept it or appeal. We visited the Swedish Embassy and the consulate here in my country and asked what we could do. Neither of the two handles applications on Schengen Visa, nor they can influence the decision made by the Norwegian Embassy. We didn't want to deal with the Norwegian Embassy any longer so we skipped appealing and opted to apply for the Visitor's permit instead.

What you can probably do is call the migration or get in touch with them and ask if you can appeal. If not, ask them what else you can do.

I hope this helps somehow.
Best of luck to everyone!

acechienh wrote:

If they scan your passport at the point of entry it will flag your application.  But if you enter through a country (typically Schengen) that doesn't scan or check at entry you should be fine for a visit, although i will say that is definitely NOT encouraged as you are now in the country without permission while your application is pending.  So if an accident happened they would then become aware.  But if your passport is not scanned, then they have no way of knowing otherwise.

DISCLAIMER: FOLLOW RULES AND DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT REQUESTING PERMISSION

And secondly, here i am trying to reply to your post and your post is deleted??? that's so strange!  hope all is okay....

MangoAvocado wrote:

Hi MaliheA!

I am sorry to hear the bad news. I understand how frustrating it is. I felt the same when the Norwegian Embassy rejected my application on Schengen Visa. My boyfriend and I felt really frustrated but we had to whether accept it or appeal. We visited the Swedish Embassy and the consulate here in my country and asked what we could do. Neither of the two handles applications on Schengen Visa, nor they can influence the decision made by the Norwegian Embassy. We didn't want to deal with the Norwegian Embassy any longer so we skipped appealing and opted to apply for the Visitor's permit instead.

What you can probably do is call the migration or get in touch with them and ask if you can appeal. If not, ask them what else you can do.

I hope this helps somehow.
Best of luck to everyone!

Great advice!

At least in the facebook group we aren't "moderated" and having our comments deleted....  :nothappy:

Mamasean wrote:

I have requested to join Facebook group my Facebook user name is Eliza

Hello everyone,

@ ItsMeLeigh,

acechienh requested that we delete his/her post, as you can already see in the reason : "comment deleted - requested by the initiator". A member has the right to request that we delete his/her own post.

Regards,
Bhavna

Mama Sean I don't see your request on Facebook 👀😊

@itsMeLeigh and everyone

Hi! Thank you for the concern and all the comforting advice. I just had my interview last month - I guess I'll give them some time before I apply to conclude my case. Anyone has had any luck with that?

@MaliheA I hope they only rejected the request and not your permit application.

All the best to those awaiting good news. :)

@salwahallison Can u pls check again

Hi guys,
I just finished my interview. It went well. Just want to thank all you guys for the advise and help. It really helped me. I appreciate it alot.

Thanks,
Lucian

Hey LucB22

No worries did you interview with Uriel?

She is really a gem!

Kind regards
S

Yeah it was with her. She was super super amazing. I felt so sad saying goodbye to her actually lol. She even said I should fill in the request to conclude case form tomorrow. So you are waiting for your resident card? Do you know how long they give you to move to sweden?

That's great Lucian!

I'm waiting for the card to be issued and sent to CPT. I was advised that it could take 2 - 4 weeks.... so just waiting now.

I'm not certain if there is a cut-off time for when you need to be in Sweden by, however I have read in some forums that you need to be in Sweden within 12 months and that the impact of taking long to move to Sweden is on the duration that will remain on your residence card thereafter. Also on the same forum where I had read this, they had indicated that when you are due to renew your residence card, MV will ask why it had taken you so long to move to Sweden and you will need to motivate accordingly. This makes sense to me as a move needs planning, which during the long wait for the decision may have been placed on hold, or not effected as there may have been a need for certainty before certain personal decisions can be taken in your home country.

On other forums, people discuss how soon one needs to move to Sweden and they are lead to believe that it needs to happen almost immediately. For some this is not that easy to do and most times impractical.

In my case, I will not be able to leave for Sweden immediately, on the justifiable grounds that I have contractual obligations to fulfil until the end of November, assets that need to be sold and my sambo already has flights booked down to SA for Christmas. Therefore, my intention is to return to Sweden when he does.

My ideal scenario would be to move immediately once the card is received. However, it is important to me that there are no loose ends left behind before I open a new chapter.

S

I have approve two @lady plus confirm I accepted you x

Hi y'all so I got a decision on Friday and we were rejected 😞

Their reason is my boyfriends contract is a fixed-term employment which he renews his contract every end of the year .mv gave the decision based on that the contract ends 31-12-2018 which it means he will be out of work and no financial income to support me .
Which is not true since he renews the contract every year and has worked for 4years like that ,
MV wants a permanent contract which says in the decision form ..we explained in October 2017 to a case officer that this is how it has been for last 3year he said okay and asked my boyfriend to send in the new contract ones it comes out .aftwe that I got the interview email .
During the supplements before the decision my boyfriend send what he was asked and also put his boss contacts just incase they want to confirm with him .but the decision maker never made that call it seems.now Iam supposed to go to the embassy to get the decision form and they want to explain it to me which I already know what it means 😞.
It's sad waiting for 1year to receive search a worse news .at the email it also says that they didn't need to even investigate if our relationship is real since he won't be able to support us both
We are going to appeal  fingures crossed 🤞we trying to get the boss to give him a letter or permanent contract .All your prayers needed 🙏
Those who are waiting keep strong ,talk to one another express how you feel don't pour it on each other ,at the end LOVE conquers all .am hoping I come with good news here soon in sha Allah
Salwah
Xxxxxx

Aww Salwah!

I am so sorry to hear that - big big hug! My heart and thoughts is with you and your partner.

See the silver lining in this - now you and your partner know what MV wants and it is something that is fixable. Once his boss can evidence that he will be permanently employed MV will have no reason to reject your appeal.

All the best my dear friend - I'm rooting for a positive outcome very soon, LOVE does truly conquer all!

S

Thank you Sarah for the warm words 😘
And yes it is fixable but my worries is.when appealing after fixing the work contract will MV find another reason to reject us on ?
Since they didn't even investigate our relationship if it is real or not since my boyfriend can't finacially take care of us both from January 2019(as they think which is not true he renews his contract every year )) ..👀 I don't know if MV can do this ? Fingures crossed 🤞
Salwah
Xx

Hello Salwahallison
Im so sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you. I can imagine how you feel now. Maybe you should talk to a lawyer to get a consultation. Im also thinking of talking to a lawyer in sweden. Fingers crosed.

Take it one step at a time

Malinhea what was your reason for rejection ? I heard one can appeal themselves if they make up or fix the reason MV rejected no need for a lawyer since it's expensive .the feeling is wearing out we can't put our emotions now we just need to fix what MV reason we're then move forward emotions later .fingures crossed for both of us
Salwah
Xx

Actually I did not get rejection on my application. The rejection was related to the request for concluding the case in 4 weeks according to the new law. They said that they need more time to investigate our case. So we are still waiting for a decision. My husband does not have a permanet work contract too and since I heard about your case I got so worried that they might reject our appliction for the same reason 😐

I doubt a lawyer would be able to anything. But with a contract that renewed each year, in the eyes of the law, it's not permanent so on those grounds how much it might look unfair that's enough for the permit to be declined. If they decline, there will be no need to spend any more time on your case, so they won't check relationships out.

Malihea since the reject your request I to be able to investigate you guys then theirs  noo need to be worried ,ours they didn't even investigate our relationship fingures crossed 🤞and good luck

@slimcat yes we know the lawyer can't do anything it will be waste of money even ..am wondering what of a letter from the boss ?will that help or the only way is a permanent contract ?
Salwah
Xx

Salwahallison wrote:

@slimcat yes we know the lawyer can't do anything it will be waste of money even ..am wondering what of a letter from the boss ?will that help or the only way is a permanent contract ?
Salwah
Xx

Instead of a yearly renewal, you could ask for a permanent contract or if they are not willing to give that, ask for a 5 year one?

@slimcat Yes will definitely tell that to my boyfriend ...hoping his boss agrees since they take him as permanent employee..thank you will update soon here how it goes .amd one more thought it's likely MV investigate our relationship this time around if they accept the appeal right ?

Hi everyone it's me again waiting for the decision of Residence Permit, i just wanna share. The MV has send us an email today that my husband will have an interview in Sweden this October. Does anyone here had interviewed thier partner? And is this positive signs?

Waiting 8 months now since i applied. Interview done in bangkok.

@aima take it as good sigh they investigating your relationship and they trying to match the answers from what you answered at the interview 😊
Salwah
X

Salwahallison wrote:

@slimcat Yes will definitely tell that to my boyfriend ...hoping his boss agrees since they take him as permanent employee..thank you will update soon here how it goes .amd one more thought it's likely MV investigate our relationship this time around if they accept the appeal right ?

Yes quite possibly

Thank you Salwa 😊 it's our officer who contacted us.

Okay thank u 😊