Resident/permit decision waiting time

That's great  do that

Hi everyone! Thank you for your kind words.

I hope everyone gets approved soon.. Stay focused and positive! Keep praying and asking for it. ;) It works most of the time. :)

Hello guys. We have been asked to send supporting documents such as pictures and chat history to MV. My question is that do we have to print the whole chat history from the begining until now or we can just pick some parts ? Is it ok if we save it on a CD  or sth or does it have to be printed?

Hi malinhEa what you can do is screen shot the conversation from when you applied like June 2017 ,try get the dates as well also screen shot this years too,upto date .
You can try download the conversation to your email and edit it since it's big sometimes it will refuse to send due to the big data .
This is to show them that you guys have kept in contact from when you applied till now .
Hoping my reply helped
Good luck I feel a decision around the corner
😊

Thanks for your help. Good luck to all of us 😊

Hi Salwa, yes please create a group in fb so that it will be easy gor us to communicate☺️

Goodluck to all of us👍🏻

Okay 😊

Hello Everyone!

Just an update from our side - I went for the interview and biometrics last week Tuesday at the Swedish embassy in South Africa

Any ideas on how long it will take for the decision?  :sleep

We are 16 months into our application.

Best wishes,
S

Hi Sarah, I  think it won't be too long now since u have waited sooo long for the interview ..like I said before some get interview earlier in the application and some get end of the application.
It won't be too long now 😊 goodluck and update us

Thank you Salma for the positivity we will keep our fingers crossed - I'm still keeping mine crossed that you will get your decision soon!

The holidays are over so I hope MV is getting cracking now on all the applications that are posted so far in this group 🙌

You are very welcome Sarah 😊, I know when I get the decision the waiting would be worth it  .
Fingers crossed for you too
X
S

Hi salwa create Facebook group for the members who waiting decision

Hallo y”all I have created the group in Facebook for us all to ask questions and also keep track on the questions answered and asked since in here it's hard to go back and see what others posts ..

The name I could come up with was “”Awaiting for your partner “ let's all meet over there 😊

Which name of group

What is the name of group

Awaiting for your partner

Thank you

Hallo everyone I can't find the group anyone can add me please thanks colaza chitswa my Facebook name

Hi saidchitswa I searched for you but didn't find you using the group to add u but I can see your profile when I search using my Facebook page . Send me your email  I add you

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Done ✅

Thanks

@Malihea If the migration asks for it, provide it. When i had my interview, I provided printouts of our whole webchat. That was probably not the best idea since it was really costly and heavy to carry, and the migration didn't even have a look at it, not even a glance actually. But i still mentioned to them that I had it with me in case they want to check on it. But maybe, just maybe, it also helped me get my residence permit approved. I think what is also important are pictures and other documents that you live together or spend time together outside Sweden. Together with some photos, I also included the billing statements (under our names) from the hotels where we stayed in together during his visits. They accepted those documents and skipped the chat history.

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)

Hi Everyone!

Just saw this, might be interested to read it 😊

https://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-Migr … -2018.html

Welcome

Can't wait to see the link

Thanks for the information 😊

Hope we could all get positive decisions the soonest. Good luck to us 🙏🏻

Thank you

Hi Sarah, I'm also from Soith africa and applied for the sambo visa. I started my application in November 2017 and have my interview in 3 weeks time. Can you please advise me on the type of questions and what docs I should take.
You guys are doing an amazing job here
Thanks alot

Hi LucB,

The questions are very similar to what you answered when you completed the application form for the residence.

It is about your relationship with your partner, how you met, what your future plans are, if you have stayed together before and for how long, what will your living arrangement be when you arrive, what will you do when you move to Sweden, do you know your Sambo's family and so forth.

I felt a bit disappointed that I had to do the whole trek to Pretoria only to answer the same or similar questions to what I had already answered in the questionnaire, when I had initially applied. But I guess, the role of the Swedish Embassy in SA is to act as an agent or a conduit for MV to do your bio-metrics, validate your paperwork and of course see you are in fact the person that is applying, and not fraudulently doing so.

The decision-making around your case still is within the remit of MV, so the actual review of the facts set out in your paperwork will be done by MV and at their offices in Sweden.

I've just read through the documents (after putting it through page translate and google translate) and the article about the new Management Laws that were promulgated from 01 July 2018, which Raine had shared today.

I think this is a great idea but I hope MV can uphold the four week deadline that they now state will take to conclude a case. Otherwise, it will be no different to the current waiting process, which means time-frames are put in place but there is no actual clarity around what this means.

Why can't they just make decisions on all the applications that have been pending for 12 -18months and more as a start?? I feel they are not clearing out their back-log and that is unfortunately where many of us are at present. This new law means that many people only six months into their application can now demand an answer....

I'm probably rambling a bit, but when you wait this long it is a tall order to expect one to stay positive

Ahh yes - the documents.

Take along all the documents that you had uploaded or submitted when initially completing the application in November 2017, your passport, copies of previously issued Swedish Visas (if any), proof that you are unmarried/ or married (as applicable), copies of your flight itineraries for your previous trips to Sweden (if any).

Take pictures of the two of you along, although they will ask you to pick five to six pictures at most. I was asked if there were pictures where my Sambo wasn't always wearing the same hoody (which happens to be his favorite) and pictures with good lighting as they scan the pictures in and upload onto the MV platform they work from

The Embassy will also ask if you have any documents that you would like to share that evidence if you and your Sambo have lived together before. You may use your discretion on what you believe will suffice evidencing any previous co-habitation (if applicable).

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the reply and information. I will have to travel to Pretoria aswell. I thought once the interview was done the decision would follow soon, but from what I read it's quite a waiting period. Do you know if you allowed to visit during this period? I read somewhere that someone visa got rejected due to this application. I do share the same feelings as all of you and wish that they could speed up the process. How long have you been waiting since your interview?

Lucian

Hi Lucian,

You are definitely still allowed to travel to Sweden on a visitor's visa, while waiting for a decision on your residence application.

However, you may not be in Sweden should MV decide to inform you of the outcome on your residence application.

So what you need to do is to inform MV beforehand that you would like to travel to Sweden on a visitor's visa and the exact dates you intend to travel for (it's like giving them a headsup). They will revert, quote you extracts of the law and advise you if this should be a problem or not - they will most probably tell you that they will make a note of the dates so as to ensure that they do not make a decision during this time. Make sure you keep everything on email, for your own sanity atleast 😉

The Swedish Embassy asked me to book my appointment for April but that was the same time that my tourist visa was in process, for my vacation to Sweden in July. I would have been without a passport in April to be able to do the biometrics etc. They then proposed that I do my interview after my vacation in July with the earliest date being last week Tuesday.

Haha the little sanity I have left I need to keep. Going to sweden will just delay the answer further :(. Ok so hopefully you will get the answer soon, as everyone I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again

Hi lucian
Am glad that you doing interview in a couple of weeks .some do it after they apply some do it when close to a decision am hoping it's the second part since you have waited long enough .
About the interview it's basically about you two .they asked the date we met where and how what we ate that day ,his birthday date his siblings name .more like a conversation nothing to worry about .
Keep the dates in mind ,they only ask what you filled in the form testing to see if the answers collide  .dont forget pictures flight tickets copies (all the origin documents you attached in with the application )
Good luck to you and hope for a postive answer soon in sha Allah 😊

Can't see the link ??🧐🧐🧐🧐 anyone have seen it ?

Hope for a positive answer soon for all of us ✌

Yeah. We have been waiting long enough. All we wanted is to be with our partner/s and be a happy family. Let's all pray and hope for the best! 😊

Hi guys, do they expect one to remember all the dates we visited our partners and where we visited each other by hart or can one use the supporting documents as a reference in the interview? It's quite a lot of dates to remember and being in that nervous environment one can easily confuse dates.
Thanks again guys.