Resident/permit decision waiting time

You are welcome alma ,and good luck to you 😊 update is what happens 😘

Hi  which date are you start your application I also applied on 7 July 2017 I went to interview on 12 January 2018 and am still waiting for decision I hope I will get answer soon good luck to you

Hello everyone. my name is malihe. I applied  for a residence permit in sweden to live with my husband in June 2017 and I had the interview and biometrics  april 2018. during this time MV just asked my husband for his job contracts and payslips. they also asked me to renew my passport and show it to the interviewer at the embassy. they never asked for any other documents like pictures from our wedding or email history. we have been waiting for 13 months and MV says that our case is in the queue to assign a new officer. Is it normal to have different officers on the case? and normally they ask everyone to provide documents such as pictures, etc to proof the relationship or not? I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions.

Hello MaliheA,
When I did the interview I took every document or photos that can proof that we were together and married. As my new passport and next day ( cuz I forgot that day)  I sent my old passport to they scan and see what I said about my trips were right. After a month I got the answer from MV.
But they were 15 months since we started the application until we get the answer

Hallo I'm also applied for resident permit to move to my partner and  I applied on July 2017 and I do my  interview on January 2018 after interview they took me biometric and fingerprint I aslo send them my chat history and photos that's the different case

Thanks for the answer. they didnt ask me to bring any documents other than my passport to the embassy. do you think I should have shown the documents at the interview anyhow?

No they didn't ask me either, but somewhere mention I should bring any documents that I consider it could be helpful. So I just brought everything, flight tickets, chats, almost hundred photos ( even though she just made me choose 6) the invitation of the wedding, my marriage certificate and even when I was single, I prefer to be sure I was t missing anything, I just forgot the old passport, but she told me I could bring it the next day and I did it.
I think it could help to they approve you, but if your interview was good so far, maybe it's enough. Every case it's different thy always says that.

Thanks Penelope moore,
you are right. every case is different and even the officer at the embassy told me not to bring extra documents with you and I didn't. The process is long and frustrating and now Im worried if they ask for more documents it will take even longer for them to make a decision. will see.

Hallo said ,I applied august 20 2017 interview December 5th 2017 good luck to all of us who are waiting 😊

Hi maliHeA cases are different ,we are also in the queue to have a case officer available unfortunately,hoping after the vocation things start moving 😊 and yes different case officers can work in a case for example the one who looked into your case and asked you to book the interview might not be the same who is going to make a decision he /she sent your application from distributions unit to the permit unit ,now a mother case officer will look at your case and also see if anything else is needed after interview he /she can make a decision or send it to the administrator/decision maker to make the decision 😊 hoping it won't be too long goodluck

Thank you Good luck

Hey guys is it a good idea to apply for a visitor's permit (more than 90 days) while i'm already married to a swedish citizen and I register my marriage at the Swedish tax agency before i apply for the resident permit and its a problem for me to go back and wait

Thanks Salwahallison. Hope we all hear good news very soon :)

Hi joseppi they is nothing wrong in getting the visitors visa more than 90days (the D-visa ) .what I can advice or tell you from other people's experience in your situation ,is that ,in order to apply for the residency permit you have to apply it in your home country , it's doesnt matter nowadays if you are married or not it's doesnt make any difference.
What I would advice you coming from me is that you apply then visit Sweden while waiting for the decision or the interview (note :: MV doesn't give the decision if you are in Sweden they normally ask for proof or stamp in the passport that you are out of Sweden in order to give the decision ))

I would advice also you search soon rather than later to save time .
Hoping to hear from you
Goodluck 😊

Good luck to you too 😊

Hej, thank u so much for your reply, i kinda missed to mention that my wife is with me in Tunisia and she currently doesnt work in sweden but the sponsor is her father sence we met twice and all her family member cane to Tunisia for the wedding, so what am i saying here is that i am prepared to go home as soon as we apply for a visitor permit and she finds a job maybe after three month from her starting to work we apply for permit residence and i go home plus her father have a very big house and we will live on the second floor since she's renting it and my name is also on the contract and we also have all the financial needs, does it seems a good plan ? And will they approve my application for visiting permit ?

Salwahallison, thanks again for your advice i also read that if i register my marriage at the swedish tax agency and then apply for a visitors permit (maybe ill get lucky and get a year but i will request between 3-6 months) i will get a good chance to get approved and i have hotel reservation from couple of years ago and we lived together for months last year in Tunisia and we are currently living together in Tunisia since the first of May and all her family member came to the wedding which i have their reservations and tickets photos and videos ex... and my name is on her rent contract in sweden which her father own the place, permit residence is not my issue here, I'm just concerned about my visitors permit for the moment so do you think i have a chance of getting approved ? Because most married couple go directly and apply for permit residence

Hi joseeph yes for visitor visa I see no reason for them not  granting you the visa 😊 just have a very good reason for coming back home after the visitors visa expires 😊

Hey Salwahallison, i have a job here in Tunisia in a call center not that bad and not that good hhh bad salary of course but at least its sonething if i hd a paper from them stating that i will get back to work for them after my visiting to sweden do you think it will be enough ?

Great that will be fine ,a letter from your the company or boss stating when you are supposed to resume it's good 😊, goodluck

Hej Everyone,

Is there anyone receive a feedback on your residence permit application?

Not yet girlzone 😏 ..silent ....

Not yet everyone waiting for decision wish all of us Good luck

Hi Everyone,
If I get decision Is that means the MV will give me right to have resident permit card ?

Hakimmo ,if MV gives you a decision you will have a letter saying if it's postivt or negative ,(or also after getting the decision you can always email or call the embassy you did the interview and confirm if it is positive.
When is postive it takes MV to create the residence permit card within 4weeks and u can pick it up where you filled in the application for the card to be sent to ..

Good luck to all of us and may the love prevail .
Don't forget prayers makes a huge difference 😊

Hopefully we can receive good news for all of us soon..

Thank u for the response..

Hi guys
I want to ask I'm from philippines but working here in saudi arabia for 7 yrs can I apply from here? Since others said it will take long to wait.
Regards to all
Thank you

Hello everyone. My husband received a letter from MV today stating that the processing time to make a decision on our case will be significantly delayed due to lack of supporting information. As I said before we submited the application 13 months ago and I did interview in march and we provided all the information that they asked for during this time. We couldnt reach them today and Im super worried. Do you have any idea  what might the reason be?

Hi glend ,if you have the saudi citizenship then u can apply from there (note that in middle east application takes along time to process due to extra investigation.) you can always go back to your homeland country and apply from there and back to Saudi to wait there for the interview .
Hoping I helped 😊 goodluck

1: it might be that they need more convincing like pictures and flight tickets to support your relationship that it is real
2:might be they need more time to do extra investigation 😏

Hi Malihe
Tell me about the whole process!
When did you two marry and when did you apply in order to live with your husband?did you two live together outside the sweden ?

Hello legend. We lived together for 5 months in sweden and we submit the application june 2017. My interview was in april this year and during this time they just asked for my husband's work contract and paylipses and asked me to renew my passport.

Hi malinhea that's good news ..atleast someone is looking in your case 😊

Hi everyone! I'm from the Philippines and a new member here. Just got my residence permit approved recently after 18 months of waiting.. The migration has given me 2 years residence permit to start with.

They didn't ask for more documents from us, so I guess completing the requirements in the first place helped a lot. I also brought lots of pictures and conversation history with me upon interview, although they skipped the chat history and let me choose few photos to send. The interview was all about you, your partner, and your relationship. So just relax during an interview, it felt more like telling your story and your love story so it was a bit more comfortable than scary. But be honest. It's true that the window to your soul is through your eyes.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi mango avocado it's good to hear some good news 😊 al of us here we are waiting it's always good to hear someone got the permit ,it gives me hope that soon it's my turn also ..congratulations 🎊🎊🎊 .
Do keep a look out on this forum as I will give the face book group name for all of us to join .i think it will be helpful as of us waiting and also after getting the residence permit .

Also you all here if you think it's a good idea let me know 😊.
Good luck to all of us and keep Praying 🙏

Hi Mangoavocado,congratulation you got your residence permit approval.Hopefully we can rece
ive soon☺️

Hi Salwa, it's a good idea to have group in facebook 👍🏻

Congratulations mangoavocado you got your resident permit I hope we will get soon all of us

Good idea to a Facebook group

Hi girlzone I think so too ☺️ Will create one and let all of you know who are interested ☺️