Resident/permit decision waiting time

Hej Guys,

I just want to give an update for my application.After almost 4 days of stress waiting for the result of my application finally I received a mail from Embassy that my application was granted. Its been 13 months and 1 day to be exact from the day of my online application when I received the result.

Gudluck  for everyone and hoping for the good feedback ☺️☺️☺️

Hi LucB22 when did you submit you application

I submitted on 10 October 2017. So it's just less then a year

Hello Guys,

We have applied for a Residence Permit December 2017 and I had an interview last Sept 17, 2018 at the Embassy of Bangkok. I should supposed to be interviewed last June when we submitted additional requirements online but I was still in Sweden that time because I got an extension of my visitor's permit. I hope that my decision would be soonest. Does anyone here got recently interviewed at the same Embassy and how long they've waited for the decision after the interview? Thanks

Hi iarheiress..

I also applied December 2017 was interviewed April 2018 in bangkok. Now my husband got an email from MV that they will interview my husband next month October. So i'm hoping after that interview the decision will follow.

No one knows how long it will take to a decision..

To everyone here..
Who has an experience to interview their partner?

hej, wow you were interviewed last april and it took you a long time still to wait for a decision, that's weird that they have interviewed your partner. have you met personally?

Yes and still waiting, my friend was married for 3 years and live together she applied the same date like us and she still waiting.. i thought so too it's weird but the interview is the way of processing. We often meet each other and i'v been in Sweden twice and go back again this saturday for the 3rd time under schengen visa.

my friends who have been granted a Residence Permit their partners were not interviewed at all. Even when I did an extension for my Visitor's permit last may 2018 he was never interviewed nor me. On their website it says when you are waiting for the decision you have to be in your home country.

I have no idea, we'll see what's gonna happen after that meeting.

They will let you know if you are inside Sweden to go back to your home town for them ta make the decison.

Yes but I am hoping we will get a decision soon. As soon as I get a decision I will update here.

MangoAvocado wrote:

@aima

My boyfriend got an interview few months after I got mine. This is part of their process to check how well do you know each other and if your answers connect. I would say this is a good sign as it means that your case is progressing.

Stay positive!

All the best!

Hey guys, we submitted out application on the 6th of September and my wife got pregnant and she had to go home, we didn't want to apply for visiting visa and trick the migration we wanted it to be traight ex... anyway will it be fast ? Please inform me if there is a similar case or someone have an idea, thank you

Hey everyone my partner got an email to send taxes / income to migration I hope my decision is on the way and good luck to everyone

They sent us the same mail to my wife asking for these informations, hope someone has an idea what it means

so these requirements was not asked before by the Migration, we were asked before my interview so my partner sent his pay slips/income along with other requirements like to lease of contract for his apartment. I hope they would be faster in decision making just like Norway does.

Hi everyone!

I am Velentina from Malaysia. My boyfriend, who is a Sweden citizen, and I are planning to apply for the Sweden Residence Permit in 2019 as we are planning to move in together in Sweden. However, we have some questions and wish to have the answer before we apply for the permit.

The situation of us:

My boyfriend has been living and working in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) for the past 4 and a half years and recently he has decided to quit his job and move back to Sweden. We have been together since 6th of January 2016, but we haven't never lived together (only stayed together during the weekend).

Following are the questions we wish to have clarification on:

1.       My boyfriend and I are planning to live together in Sweden, however, we have never lived together in Malaysia before, do we still meet the requirement to apply for the residence permit?

2.       As he just quit his job and now is looking for job in Sweden, if he got a job and is still under probation, does he still considered as making a regular income and meet the maintenance requirement?

3.       If he has a sub-let studio apartment, does he still considered as meeting the maintenance requirement (requires the house has at least one room and a kitchen) as the apartment itself is already a room?

4.       He has been working in Malaysia for 4 and a half years, hence, instead of paying income tax in Sweden, he paid Malaysia income tax, would it affect the decision?

5.        I still have an outstanding student loan in Malaysia (I just graduated this year and I will only need to start paying in 2020), would it affect the decision?

Hope to hear from you all and wish you all will get your residence permit as soon as possible! Thank you!

Hi guys. Just wanted to let you know that I applied for the request to conclude my case and received the decision in 1 week. I am extremely happy & grateful!

I hope that everyone will receive their decision soon! I believe if you meet all requirements, they will approve your residence permit.

Wow good news how long since u have applied. Congrats!

VRudy wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am Velentina from Malaysia. My boyfriend, who is a Sweden citizen, and I are planning to apply for the Sweden Residence Permit in 2019 as we are planning to move in together in Sweden. However, we have some questions and wish to have the answer before we apply for the permit.

The situation of us:

My boyfriend has been living and working in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) for the past 4 and a half years and recently he has decided to quit his job and move back to Sweden. We have been together since 6th of January 2016, but we haven't never lived together (only stayed together during the weekend).

Following are the questions we wish to have clarification on:

1.       My boyfriend and I are planning to live together in Sweden, however, we have never lived together in Malaysia before, do we still meet the requirement to apply for the residence permit?

2.       As he just quit his job and now is looking for job in Sweden, if he got a job and is still under probation, does he still considered as making a regular income and meet the maintenance requirement?

3.       If he has a sub-let studio apartment, does he still considered as meeting the maintenance requirement (requires the house has at least one room and a kitchen) as the apartment itself is already a room?

4.       He has been working in Malaysia for 4 and a half years, hence, instead of paying income tax in Sweden, he paid Malaysia income tax, would it affect the decision?

5.        I still have an outstanding student loan in Malaysia (I just graduated this year and I will only need to start paying in 2020), would it affect the decision?

Hope to hear from you all and wish you all will get your residence permit as soon as possible! Thank you!

Hey VRudy,

1. As long as you have proof that you have been in a relationship since January 2016, it should be good. By proof I mean (pictures of you both, pictures of you both meeting your families, conversations, if you have travelled somewhere together then the flight tickets etc).

2. Your boyfriend must go back to Sweden and get a job before you apply for the residence permit.  He must also have a long term job (a long term employment contract) there and his salary has to meet the maintenance requirement. He can mention that he just moved back to Sweden from Malayasia and show his pay slips from the job he did there as well, to prove that he has been working and earning before he moved to Malaysia.

3. I think sublets are usually rented out on short term and isn't actually registered in the rent payer's name. They would wanna see that he has an apartment that is rented out by the government, that meets the requirements and that it is available for you to move in when you are granted the permit. Do double check with MV, I'm not really sure if Subleted apartments are ok.

4. It wouldn't affect the decision making as long as he is now employed in Sweden and has pay slips to show that he is earning in Sweden. Also, I repeat, they would wanna see an employement contract that is quite long to make sure that when you are granted the permit and arrive in Sweden, he is working and can support you financially.

5. I don't think your loan would affect any of this. They mostly care only about your partner (Swedish citizen). They usually ask nothing about the applicant's (your) finance.

Hope I have answered your questions and it helps.

If I would have to suggest something then, I would say it would be really nice if you go to Sweden on a temporary visa and stay with him for a few months. Let him get a job and earn for 2 months or so before you apply for the permit. Also, visit his family members in Sweden  and click pictures to send MV when you apply for the permit. So when you finally apply for the permit, you can say that you have been in a relationship since January 2016 and you stayed together for a few months in Sweden after he moved to Sweden.

All they wanna see ultimately is that you both are indeed in a serious relationship so send them whatever you think would justify that.

Please call MV anyway and explain the situation and ask for their opinion regarding his job and the Subleted apartment. Good to always seek professional advice. Good luck to you! :)

Regards,
Shirani Juth

If positive decision has been made .what the next step is? How long does it take?

after how many weeks did u send the request when u were interviewed?

-- I applied on Dec 2017. My interview was on Aug 2018 and I request for a decision in September. (I waited a month before I applied)
If anyone has questions on the process, I'll be happy to answer.

-- Once you receive a permit you can practically fly to Sweden the next day. It includes a work permit as well, so you are allowed to work in Sweden. But you need make an appointment with migrationsverket to take your photo and biometrics.

i actually consulted my boyfriend about sending a request and he said we will just wait coz it might negatively affect the decision coz it might sound "needy" when you request for the decision right away, but I will wait for a couple more days before we send a request.

Hey All,

Just a quick one, my girlfriend lives in Sweden and i'm in Sydney Australia, we have been together since January but have know one another for 7 years, earlier this year we went on holiday together and i just returned from Sweden after being there nearly two months, met all of her family and close friends also, She is coming to Sydney in January 2019 for 4-6 weeks holiday.

We are now looking at the visa options in regards to "Sambo" and moving to someone in Sweden, first time for both of us, if anyone can offer up key advice and any do's and dont's?

I know alot has been spoken on here about waiting times for visa approval, and i'm guessing that it varies for everyone can take a month or 16 months? Just wanted to reach out and grab some advice.

Thanks again

Hey DannyBoy10,

The most important thing while applying is-

1- That your Swedish girlfriend has a first-hand apartment OR owns an apartment which meets the Migrationsverket requirements. (If you don't have kids and it is just the two of you that will be living, then the apartment should have atleast one room and a kitchen.)  This is because they wanna be sure that you have a space to live along with your girlfriend in, as soon as they give you a permit.

2- That your Swedish girlfriend is employed in Sweden with a long term contract and earns 7,952 Swedish kronor (after paying house rent every month).
Note: Again, if it's just you migrating to her and the two of you and you both don't have children, then it is 7,952 SEK that she needs to be earning after deducting her monthly house rent. This is because, as soon they give you a permit and you move there, it will take some time for you to find a job. So until then, she should be able to support you financially, and this is the income requirement set by Migrationsverket.
If you or her have sufficient Wealth that you both can live off, then that should be shown as well.

3- That you have proof to prove that you have been in a relationship since January and are staying together. This means, rental contract with both your names on it while you were living together. Photos of you both travelling, meeting her family and friends in Sweden, her meeting your family. This is to prove that you indeed are in a serious committed relationship. Also, any sort of proof that you think could support and show them that you have been together would be great. And, documents and proofs to perhaps show how you met each other would also be great.

Once you have the above list, go ahead and apply. It could be a long wait but perhaps could be shorter with the new "Request to Conclude a case", where in, once you have had an interview with the Swedish embassy and have waited over 6 months after applying, you can immediately apply for this request to conclude a case and get a reply within 4 weeks.

Please be sure to apply only after the above mentioned stuff is all in place. Else, they are going to reject your application.

Hope this helped. Get in touch if you have more questions. Would be happy to help.
Good luck to you and your girlfriend. :)

Regards,
Shirani Juth

Also, from now on, make sure to always click pictures wherever you travel together. Collect travel tickets and hotel reservations when you travel together. These are very important proofs and can be added to your permit application at anytime or taken to the Swedish embassy while you are being interviews.
So basically, try to sort of save and collect proofs of  everything that you do together. It would be helpful later down the line.

Hello,

I just want to share, I got an approval. from Migrationboard after almost 2 mos of waiting from my interview in Bangkok. They asked for additional documents last Nov 1st (photos, floor plan, latest payslips, hotel and fligh reservations showing we have met) On Monday they sent the result and my boyfriend got the letter today that I was approved. Hope everyone will have good result!

Congratulations

When I hear about other stories I just can't help it but think that I may be unlucky ,its so hard and frustrating that I have to go through this but what can I do ,I just have to stay put and see what will eventually come out.

Well I am from Uganda and married to a Swedish man we have one beautiful baby who is now 10 months ,I applied for a residence permit in June 2017 and got an interview in August 2017 but I have been waiting for an answer all in vain,its now 17 months my past nothing has come out yet

I miss my husband a lot and best he can do for us is come n spend a week or two rush back to Sweden for work ,he has missed every first thing about his only child,his first crawl ,his first teeth coming,his first eating .
I don't know why I still don't have an answer yet I see a lot of people here get an answer after 6 months or two months

It feels like tortcher after enduring a long distance relationship for 4 yrs we finally got married but still suffering with the distance ,now our son also has started to suffer with the distance because of this policy that i don't understand how it works

Writing about how I feel has really made me relieved because for sometime I had decided to read people's stories and be quiet but it kills me inside that no one has a similar effect like me
Hoping to finally get a positive answer after all this long wait I not sure when though lol maybe they forgot about me.

I would like to know if anyone has had a very Long wait like mine here

Hey Sanvigg,

That is so sad, very disheartening. Do stay strong, you are closer to the happy ending than you think you might be.

Do you have a case officer yet?
If not then you should apply for the "Request to Conclude a case".

Hope you get your residence permit soon. I know how hard it can be.

Hi Sanvigg!

It saddened me to hear your story.. Especially about your husband missing out those little but precious progress with your baby.

It took 18 months for my application to get an answer. But during those months of waiting, we had to do similar efforts and had to go through similar struggles as yours and your partner's. Most if not everyone in this forum hears you.

However, rationally speaking, we have to remain calm and understanding throughout the process, we have to accept and respect that every country has its own regulations to follow and requirements to meet. I totally understand the anxiety and frustration you're going through. But you can always ask your partner who is living in Sweden to get in touch with the MV and follow up regarding your application. After all, it is always best to get direct answers and advices from the authorities.

Stay positive and try not to let the situation overwhelm you.

Best of luck! And hoping for some positive results for everyone..

MangoAvocado

Hello there

I feel so strong after getting positive  replies on my story ,it is a big deal for me tonknow that its not only me n mangoavocado has also passed through this situation

Shirani after reading that we need to contact our case agent, I called my husband and asked him to do that and that must have helped a lot because when he called her ,he was interviewed and my fingers are crossed hoping to hear from them soon so that our family can finally be together forever

And now that we have a case agent I will ask my husband to keep contacting her to know how far our case has reached.

Thank u so much for ur replies they helped me alot

Hi Sanvigg!

Happy to hear the progress. :) hope to hear from good news from you.. :) keep us posted. :)

MangoAvocado

Hey Sanvigg,

Glad to hear about the progress. Hope it goes right! All the best :D

Regards,
Shirani Juth

Hello there shiran and mango avocado

Well I have some interesting news for you guys ,my husband came back from work this evening and found a letter from the immigration ,I have been granted a two years residence permit and it also allows me to work ,you guys don't know how much happiness am feeling right now ,the long wait has finally paid off and it so amusing how much they are working on everything at a very high speed after my husband's interview .

Now my husband is on his way to pick us and by January I will be in Sweden ,thank u so much guys for giving me courage and advice to go about the system

Stay blessed
Sanvigg

Hi Sanvigg!

Wonderful to hear the good news from you.. Cheers! 🍻

Bless you and your family. 💝

Oh my....! That's some great news. Congratulations Sanvigg. :D  Glad you can finally start your life there!

Now I really hope I get my decision soon 😅

Cheers! 🥂

Fingers crossed Shirani! Best of luck! 💝

MangoAvocado

God will see you through shirani hoping to here from you soon with great news

Stay blessed

hi everyone :)
i submitted my application to move to my husband exactly  6 months ago , and i made the interview 22 days ago( also the previous month they asked my husband to send copy of his job contract and payslips ) , do you recommend me to send a request to conclude my case now? .
they are telling me in the MV that my case now is registered with the team leader of the Permit unit  waiting for a case officer to be assigned for .