Residence Permit for parents in Turkey

Hello,

Do parents who hold tourist residence permit in Turkey eligible to get permanent residence permit when they enroll their kids in school?

I doubt enrolling children affects the visa type for parents.
Though you may want to double check with concerned authorities.

I am a parent with kids in school in Istanbul. We all had to apply for permanent residency separately.

BlackGlance wrote:

I am a parent with kids in school in Istanbul. We all had to apply for permanent residency separately.

That makes sense. Thank you.

I never heard or seen anyone who got a permanent residence in Turkey, what I've seen is only the Short residence card (the pink one) usually for 1 year and 2 years only.
and the blue one, which is the work permit, which is also for 1 year, each year the company that you are working for will revalidates work permits by sending papers to Ankara ministry of internal affairs proving that this employee is still working for us, and if you work in Turkey for 5 years with work permit, you can apply then for Turkish Citizenship and become a Turkish citizen.

I heard that recently the Turkish government issued a green residence card (turquoise card they call it) which is for investors, this is the permanent residence card which you have to prove that you are investing 1M USD in Turkey.

also I read somewhere that those who spent 8 years for touristic visa in Turkey can apply for permanent residency. other than that, all foreigners in turkey have either touristic visa 1-2 years or work permits which allow them to become Turkish citizens in 5 years, or maybe I don't know..