Business and Employment Opportunities for Foreigners in Oman or Qatar

Hi,
My wife and I are both professionals with Canadian citizenship.  We both grew up in North America.  I have a masters in Information Security and she is a licensed Massage Therapist.   By the grace of All Mighty we are blessed with grest job and business here in canada.  However government's ever changing rules about children's education and other culture issues  we are looking to move to a country where we can raise our teenager and a toddler to be more moderate Muslims rather more strict muslims or totally liberal muslims.

I am hoping if someone can please clarify these questions for us:

1.  What will be the average payrate /package for an IT professional who as 20+ years experience working for fortune 500 companies and including government contracts.  I also have all my IT certification up-to-date.

2.  Are foreigners allowed to open businesses in Oman, such as a spa or massage therapy clinics for female only.  If so what is the minimum capital required and the operational cost.

3.  The most important what is the cost for schooling (kinder-garden to university) and how is quality of education in university.

4.  Cost of living and how much an average person can save.

Please help us by providing information so we can make a sound decision.

Thanks

Hi
Please contact me on
TARIQ

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

still waiting for a response thanks

Hi yomaan,

While waiting for those who can respond to your queries, may I suggest that you read through the many informative posts already available in the forum ? If you scan through the various topics of discussions you will find that pretty much all of your queries have already been answered to - and that too in quite a detail.