Work permit processing time for Indian nationals?

If your Diploma and recruitment are approved, you will need to get a medical done as well. A security check is also carried out on all Indian nationals. That is why it can take a long time to finalise matters and get ready to board the plane. 

After arrival the Stage II is carried out i.e. the work permit is placed in the passport (within 30 days of arrival). There is also a 2nd part of the medical which is done in Malaysia i.e. a chest xray etc.

Hi gravitas,
My company email that they just received recomendation letter from CIDB and now they are in the procees of applying pass.
And they ask for indian home address, college name,
Visa collection centre.

They said they received recommoendation letter from CIDB. That means CIDB already approved mine?

If approved then again why they ask for college and home address details?
My application status still in draft.

Please clarify.

They probably ask without thinking to check what papers they have. Just cooperate..... Congratulations on getting the approval. Now the company can submit the draft and make a full application to immigration which will need the CIDB paperwork uploaded to the ESD system. So progress is being made.

Oh thank you.

I suggest you contact a fellow Indian who has just gone through a similar experience of being hired from India. He can maybe help with finer details of his experience. His ID is ambarish.karve  I suggest you PM him from the "envelope" icon at top of page on the right hand side.  Say hi to him from Gravitas

Thank you gravitas for rexommendation but he blocked the private messages.

Thank you much

Hi gravitas,

Just for a update.

I got 6500 r.m salary, accomadation and transport, medical benifts from company 2 years contract.
Now my visa is II category visa right?
Or still my company can apply for foreign worker visa?
Please clarify

It sounds like the application is for a Professional Employment Pass.

If professional pass no need to take medical test in india before arrival?

If professional pass no need to take medical test in india before arrival?

All Indian nationals have to take the medical and get the security clearance. It's just the agreement between Malaysia and India.

ambarish.karve wrote:

Hello All,

Just for updates, I'v done my medical test here in India (as a part of the process) & submitted the reports in last week as company mentioned.

Warm regards...

Gravitas,

I am 25 years old, i read in immigiration website it shows minimum 27 years old for expat.
It will cause any problem to my pass approval?

Gravitas,

I am 25 years old, i read in immigiration website it shows minimum 27 years old for expat.
It will cause any problem to my pass approval?

No - it's an old rule.

Gravitas,

Can you say how much i can save in 6500 r.m when accomdation and transport by company. I need to save more. Where can i a found cheap restaurent and groceries. Can you give me tips for easy living for daily life routine in johor bahru.

Note:
Iam single

Gravitas,

Can you say how much i can save in 6500 r.m when accomdation and transport by company. I need to save more. Where can i a found cheap restaurent and groceries. Can you give me tips for easy living for daily life routine in johor bahru.

Note:
Iam single

You will find hawker (street) food easily in JB plus 24 hr mamak (Indian halal) too. Local malay food will be readily available. Food trucks and sellers  are also around construction sites. Your expenditure depends on things like whether you smoke or drink.  You should be able to eat/drink for about RM30  per day at food stalls. Mobile phone/data will probably be about RM60-70 per month.

If you shop and cook you can see there will be some savings. If you want to look at the COL for Johor: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Johor-Bahru  You can compare cities at the top of the webpage to see how much more expensive Malaysia is (i.e. 30% more)

**For your income tax will be under RM6,000 per year i.e. RM500 per month once you are tax resident after 182 days in Malaysia. I added RM1,000 per month as the value of your accommodation which is also taxable.

During the 6 month qualifying period you will pay 28% i.e. RM1820 per month - but the difference between tax resident and non resident rates will be refunded when you do your tax return.

** if you are working at the Iskandar project in JB then there may be a flat rate 15% income tax rate - this is special for that development area - https://www.pwc.com/my/en/assets/public … ooklet.pdf (P. 7)

This thread may interest you: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=745929 about Cost of Living.

Thabk you gravitas

Hi Gravitas,

Did i need to pay any fees to goverment other than the tax? What is annual levy? Is applicable to me?

You should not pay any fees except income tax. If your employer asks for money, then this is a red flag.

They didn't ask anything . Somepeople saying that as expat i need to pay a annual levy?. Can you explain what is annual levy?

The employer is supposed to pay the levy for employees who they have arranged an employment pass. Some bad employers make the employees pay the levy.

Ok thank you gravitas.

This may he helpful - http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … tml?id=228

Do you know what type of EP you are getting?

1. Foreign Worker
2. Professional Pass
3. Temporary Employment

I dont know. But it look like cat II VISA

I dont know. But it look like cat II VISA

Hi gravitas,

I want attest my indian driving license to drive in malaysia.

1. How i need to attest and where?
2. Still my work permit is under process i can attest now in india? Or i need to wait for single entry visa?
3. How long it will take?

You basically need to wait until you have your EP in your passport

This is the company that does the attestation and translation
http://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/dl_attest.php

Here are the general instructions from your High Commission especially if you have a paper licence from this website
https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … ense.html#

Attestation of Indian Driving License

Duly Completed MISC. SERVICE FORM- click here* for MISC. SERVICE FORM .

Photographs -Two recent passport size ( 5 cm x 5 cm)

Original passport and its photocopy (1st, last, valid visa and other endorsement pages).

Original Driving License (plastic card embedded with a microprocessor chip with a memory ) for scrutiny.

If driving license is paper booklet or does not have micro chip, copy of driving license should be attested by license issuing authority and the respective State Government's Secretariat which in turn should be attested by Attestation Section/Apostle Cell, Ministry of External Affairs, Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhawan, Janapath Marg, New Delhi-110011. ( alternatively it can be got attested from MEA Branch Offices at Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad or RPOs in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Goa, Mumbai and Trivandrum). Details of Regional Authentication Centres (RACs) in the States/Union Territories from where the documents should first be authenticated and for procedure for attestation in India, please see http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm.

Original should also be presented for verification.

* https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … orms/5.pdf

Okay, after i got employment pass i can attest my indian licence in malaysia while i am in malaysia?

Just:
If driving license is paper booklet or does not have micro chip, copy of driving license should be attested .........

see above.

Worrrying much.

Bcz of this dead slow process
Me and my family completly based on thi job
But too slow process. I know peoples can do anything
Just sharing the experience.
Everyday i am checking the email and esd portal but no updates.
I send email to hr also
But he is also not replying, he is replting whenever he is receving status from immigiration. He also didng received any update.

My status still shown as drafts.
2 months done already.
😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

You wrote above that the company made the application to immigration on 11th January only. Before that time the required approvals and paperwork were being gatheredd together by the company.

Yes, I am not blaming company but overall process. Just the way of expresing my feeling. Sorry

Is Thai pusam and federal territory days are national holiday in malayisa?

It shows in the internet as region holiday.

It will affect my employment pass processing?

31st Jan    Wed    Thaipusam   
Johor, Kuala Lumpur,
Negeri Sembilan, Penang,
Perak, Putrajaya &
Selangor

1 Feb    Thu           Federal Territory Day   
Kuala Lumpur, Labuan
& Putrajaya

Yes the two official holidays may have some effect because ESD/immigration is in Kuala Lumpur, which is a Federal Territory

Hi All. Quick question on my side also. I am European citizen(Bulgarian) and have an offer from company in KL. Salary is 15k per month, I finished uni in London, 7 years job experience, overall 16 years. I need to start the process with applying for the visa, actually they need to star the process. Since I am new to the forum I have couple of questions. When my company start the process is there a possibility the government to say "no" or its just a question of time. I dont mind waiting, but I am a bit worried if they say no(based on experience, salary or some other requirements). Overall I read about stage 1, and stage 2 and my HR told me that is roughly 40 days from start to finish. 40 days is working days or 40 days (like a month). Overall cant wait to start, but a bit worried if they reject my visa(is it possible)?

ludiq999 - immigration can reject an application if there is capacity within the Malaysian workforce to perform the duties (this factor and fresh graduates are the main causes of rejection). The company also has to have a quota space if it is increasing its foreign hires. Sometimes delays occur because the employer has not submitted its HR hiring plan to immigration or the job is not in the ESD database etc. Depending on which is the regulatory body there can be delays in this process too. https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Hi Gravitas. Obviously if there is a possibility on the local market they can reject my application. I am working in IT in a specific management role, so I am thinking that I will not be rejected on that grounds :). Also from what you wrote to me it seems is more or less down to the company, not personally to the applicant. If they have a quota of hiring foreigners, why they started the process with foreigner?(This is just an example). I believe that since they done soo many interviews with foreigner they are sure that they will pass the government checks, correct me if I am wrong? To go a bit deeper, I will not be the first expat there. I believe that they already know what they are doing in regards of submission of documents and so.

Hi gravitas,

Just for update

My  company Hr email me about my process as below.
Please check below to inform if any person want to work in construction industry.

This is the email i receives from HR.

1.       Approval from CIDB – done

2.       Approval for position applied – done

3.       Approval for EP Projection for 2018 – submitted on 26 February 2018 and is still pending. Approval takes about 10 days.

We are currently at stage 3. Once approved, then we can proceed for final submission to ESD.

This is the reason why online application status is stated as ‘draft'.

See that approval of EP projection 2018 whats that?