Plan to migrate to Berlin

Hi mates,

I'm a Malaysian, 31 year-old. I plan to migrate to Berlin for better life.
I would like to know if anyone (especially Malaysian/Asian) could give me some useful advice.

1. What is the requirement (i.e.: saving, education, working experience etc) I should pay attention for migration?

I know every country have a policy for immigrant. I have accumulated certain amount of saving after few years of professional working experience as finance analyst for MNC. I can't speak Germany.

2. I understand people live in Berlin enjoy quality lifestyle; money and work life balance are never their concern.

I never been to German, so wonder is it true?

3. Any option can help to facilitate migration to Berlin? (example: through student visa)

My wife is Singaporean and I lived in Asia for 15 years, so I will try to answer your questions:

1. The formal requirements are below in the visa section. Apart from that, you need to bring an open mind, a non-judgemental attitude and sufficient financial reserves to live here. Germany is not cheap, EUR8700/year for a single person is considered the minimum survival rate - you are likely to need far more. Without German skills, your job chances are slim, so you need to take language classes first. It is possible (if you work hard) to learn sufficiently within 6 months intensive classes, followed by 6 months job search (this is the minimum, in case you're easily employable) - so you need at least a year to get settled.

2. You should not even consider moving to a place that you never saw. Come for a visit for a few weeks and form your own opinion!
Germany is no paradise and the problems of normal countries exist here, too: Crime, poverty/homelessness, drugs, etc. But it allows a decent lifestyle for those who can afford it.

3. You need a valid reason to get a visa. These are work (IF you find a job before coming), looking for employment (research the Job Seeker Visa or JSV for this), studying (full time, at a recognised institution - some language schools also qualify), political asylum (for refugees), joining family members in Germany.
Please note that (in all cases except political asylum) you need to finance yourself. As soon as you fall under the threshold where you could apply for social assistance (which is the abovementioned EUR8700/year), you need to leave the country.

I recommend you start by taking language classes at the Goethe Institute in Kuala Lumpur and do some more research before you make any decision.

ongks1986 wrote:

2. I understand people live in Berlin enjoy quality lifestyle; money and work life balance are never their concern.

I never been to German, so wonder is it true?

3. Any option can help to facilitate migration to Berlin? (example: through student visa)

Some people enjoy a quality lifestyle and some may not be concerned with work/life balance, but be careful not to generalize.  Certainly there are people that struggle like anywhere else!

I'd recommend you visit first before deciding for certain that you want to live there!  Moving blindly is rarely a good idea, especially when you don't speak the language.

Dear Candidate,
i'm very sorry but we are looking for candidates who speak at a proficient level of german language.
For this reason i'm not able to help you.

Best regards,

Ottavia

One will get good advice here by asking specific questions. The people who answer here put in a lot of work for free. What we hate is people who have no clue but expect easy answers so they can migrate somewhere and live it up. Sorry but that's not how it works. Why should Germany give you a visa if you don't speak the language or know anything about the country? People work hard here and the country is dealing with trying to help many refugees. They don't need people who have no business coming here expecting a handout. If you would qualify and really want to study in Germany than look into the requirements. But one cannot work fulltime on a student visa. It's not an “easy way” to immigrate to the country. The whole direction of your inquiry is unserious.