Mixed Family from Thailand planning on moving to spain need some help

Hi there, how are you all doing

I am Jordi, i'm from Holland, Amsterdam and planning on moving back to Spain. I'm currently living in Thailand for 3 years and my wife is Thai and my daughter is half Thai.

I lived in Spain for 6 years and speak the language so i am fine my worries go out for my wife.

my wife is quiet worried about moving. do you have any information regarding Thai's in Spain. and visa related.

i guess we should marry to make everything more easy.

Thank you for your time

Un abrazo

JR

Shengen visa is free and 90 days within the zone to get the resident paperwork sorted.
if they come with you as an EU citizen all should be fine, but there is paperwork and you will need to provide marriage certificate apostiled.  birth certificate for your daughter apostiled too.  the apostile needs to be done in thailand for you, but not too far in advance from your travel date.

He there, what do you mean with apostile

and I believed that Schengen visa apply in Thailand will cost money. as I tried it for going to Holland.

do you have any idea if it will be easier when married or its the same progress ?

I read something that when married they cant denied the apply for resident as its illegal to split familys by European law

JrSamui wrote:

He there, what do you mean with apostile

and I believed that Schengen visa apply in Thailand will cost money. as I tried it for going to Holland.

do you have any idea if it will be easier when married or its the same progress ?

I read something that when married they cant denied the apply for resident as its illegal to split familys by European law

It would be best if you simply Google "Apostille" to get an understanding.  Your post is a bit confusing as you refer to your wife, but then say you should get married.  Are you married or not? :) 

Any visa can be denied, if the authorities think that your spouse has married for the purpose of circumventing immigration law (convenience marriage), or for other reasons.  It is not automatically approved.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

There seems to be a bit of a confusion in that being married makes life a lot easier. In truth it doesn't, you still have to prove if you are recently married that you have been in a relationship for a certain amount of time. You might well be asked to show that you have been together for that time prior to your marriage.

SimCityAT wrote:

still have to prove if you are recently married that you have been in a relationship for a certain amount of time.

When I married my wife in Manila we had known each other four months,  One month on the internet and 3 months  I had been in Manila.  Having got married we applied within a few days for a visa for my wife to join me in Spain,  I was already resident in Spain, We were issued with a 90 day visa, during the validity of it my wife started her application to reside on Spain.

The paperwork had to be presented to the Spanish consulate in Manila, who guided us through the procedure.   2 months later we flew Spain.

my apologies for the confusion. mentioning wife when it is just my girl friend. as we share a baby it feels like my wife.

So my girl friend an I been together for more then 2 years. I haven't got proof of that but having a daughter and a birth certificate with my name can do the trick ?

I'm still confused some people say marriage will make the progress easier. does a registered partnership will do as well as i'm a atheist and don't have further meanings with the whole marriage.

but if its the only option we can of course make it happen.

but now i got people saying to fix it here in Thailand and i have other people saying just start it when you in Europe and first enter on the long stay schengen visa.

Thank you for all the tips and help anyway i really appreciate it

It is the Spanish consul who will decide if you will be able to come to Spain.

I suggest you ask there.  That is what I did thus no confussion.

I have been searching on line. 
This may help but as your situation is not, shall we say a 'standard' one, I still feel the consulate is the best place to ask.

expatica.com/es/visas-and-permits/A-guide-for-EU-EEA-Swiss-citizens-moving-to-Spain_422591.html

For your Info:-

Spanish Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

Lake Rajada Ofice Complex, 23rd floor, Suite 98-99
193, Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110
Thailand

TELEPHONE
(+66) 2 661 8284
(+66) 2 661 8285

FAX
(+66) 2 661 9220
EMAIL

[email protected]
[email protected]
WEBSITE

www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/Bangkok

OFFICE HOURS
Mon-Thu: 08.30-17.00
Fri: 08.30-14.30

I had another thought on this.

At this page one an ask a question of the EU.

The reply is usually within a couple of  days and it is a personalised reply which will answer your question, not a standard reply

https://europa.eu/european-union/contact_en

thank you