Moving with 4 cats and 1 dog - will we find a rental home?

Hi: I'm Franny. My partner and I currently live in South East Ontario. We have been to the DR several times, but have always stayed in an all-inclusive resort. This year we are planning a trip to Cabarete area to check it out as we are wanting to relocate to the DR.  This community is awesome, thank you everyone who contributes. I am definitely taking the "rent" before you "buy" advice. My concern is will we be able to find a house to rent that will accept our 4 cats and 1 dog? 

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

House cats or in & out? Same > for dog? Dog size & type?   We can become very attached emotionly to our animals. I hesitate to call them pets because they so often control our daily lives. Tis true,as I so well know from the past. Hope you find what you need. Good luck & welcome.

Thanks Tinker:
The cats are all indoor & outdoor. The dog is medium size around 45 lbs. She is a Harrier Hound - fully trained, loves everyone, but does have some food guarding issues...lol. We would be looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a pool (my dream but not a deal breaker). Carport or parking as we would have a vehicle.

That will be a bit harder to find but you will find something that works. 

Bob K

Thanks Bob. We will be in the DR in February to check things out. We are looking in the Cabarete/Sosua area.  Would it be better to engage a Real Estate Agent to look for a rental for us or is that something we would do on our own?