Job search guidance in Casablanca people!!

Hi guys,

I have just joined this website and currently wondering if there's anyone in the same situation as me.
So just to be really straight-forward, I have just moved back from the UK last month and I am holding two UK univeristy degrees, both a bachelors and a masters as well as having professional work experience form both Morocco and the uk.
I just feel that there are no jobs that are up to the standard I want although I've really been sending out my Cv here and there.
Can anyoen who's currently got quiet a good placement in either Casablanca or Rabat, hit me up with some advice? Perhaps Im just looking in the wrong places ??

Welshgal wrote:

Hi guys,

I have just joined this website and currently wondering if there's anyone in the same situation as me.
So just to be really straight-forward, I have just moved back from the UK last month and I am holding two UK univeristy degrees, both a bachelors and a masters as well as having professional work experience form both Morocco and the uk.
I just feel that there are no jobs that are up to the standard I want although I've really been sending out my Cv here and there.
Can anyoen who's currently got quiet a good placement in either Casablanca or Rabat, hit me up with some advice? Perhaps Im just looking in the wrong places ??

Hi lady,
I'v been in your shoes 4 years ago and I can relate to what you are saying. My advice to you is : Don't be too picky about it, you have to start somewhere if you want to enter the local job market. Maybe you won't get your 'up to the standard job' at first, but you may get there along the way.
The impression I got when I moved back from the US is that they don't value much the degrees and the education from overseas as they should. They want to squeeze the most out of the best for the least.
Good luck hunting. I am from Casablanca, if you need any other piece of information, do not hesitate.

My best regards

Thanks for your reply, and to be completely honest, at this point of time I am really dreading the fact that I have moved back to Morocco. I mean yeah I didn't expect recruiters to sort of wait for me with the best offers out there. But trust me, I've sent out a hundred applications if not more and I got no replies back. I mean NONE. Apart from the ones that offered me to work in a call center...Damn..what has my life come to?
Can you let me know what sort of jobs you've applied for that helped you integrate in the local market ? I am mainly looking for English-speaking roles, but don't really know where to look- Again I did send out my resume to the British Chamber of commerce in Casablanca and other relavant British and American companies.
I really am very impatient and really not the type of person to be sat at home waiting for work...I am genuinely considering flying out to Toronto at the minute....

French is what's used in the private sector in Morocco as you know, if you still master French and fluent in English you should be ok. English  only will not do. these are the facts.

Yeah I speak fluent French and everything, but like I said I'm more interested in English speaking jobs...Pretty sure there should be something out there ?? I mean it's 2k17 people ! Hello???

Like I said, business is done in French first, English like they say here is ( un atout).
it all depends on your field of work too. an engineer would get an English speaking job with Tanger Med For example, but everything else, except for few call centers and teaching English, is in French with English as a second language. came back from the US in 2003, believe me I've been there. what is your background(work, studies)