Cost Effective? Network For Calls To India (Digi? Maxis? CelCom?)

Hi Guys,

which is the cost effective way of making calls to India and other International Destinations?

Digi? Maxis? CelCom?

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Brat

Not calling and sending E-Mail is better.

Hello Halit49,

I guess your comment doesn't help the member at all :/

I have never heard of those but I think skype might be the cheapest thing going now or gmail just recently added a new phone feature and I think it's free!

Skype is your best option.
You also have a lot of international card providers in Msia. I never tried them, but I think their rates are cheap to call a country like India.

Using the internet (skype etc.) is a bit hit and miss because of the poor unreliable  connection. If you want to use a phone try "Redtone" (google it) and register your phone with them, it's very cheap and reliable.

Try centennial gateways, can get all the information online :)

Bharatsamant wrote:

Hi Guys,

which is the cost effective way of making calls to India and other International Destinations?

Digi? Maxis? CelCom?

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Brat

Hi Bharatsamant,

Are you Indian? How long does it takes for you to make call to India daily?

Digi is the cheapest if you are calling from phone. However if you have a computer, it would be best to install the smartVoip as calls to india from there are dirt cheap, you can top up using your debit card or credit card.

Instead of using Voip, here I suggest to use Flexiroam service. Without internet connection, using your phone. While traveling to India, switch to Indian simcard and topup Flexiroam credit Rm10/day.. With RM10 we can make call/receive to/from Malaysia unlimited time. Cheapest way to save roaming cost :)

Guys plz tell me if i need to call India 2to 3hrs daily what should i do?? A cheap and effective way.. Thanx..

Better choose NYMGO ..

Once you pay 32RM u can use around 15-16HRS and there is no expire date for your 32RM.

@ gpmsworld is  NYMGO a sim card company??? what is the cost of a sim??

hi Bharat, i'm using skype ( paid membership) we can directly call mobiles..Its unlimited to India..

Hi Mouny how much does the skye membeship costs? And how do you get it? Hlp.

I use maxis connection and i use the 132 IDD facility to call india.  it is cheap and convenient.
Eg. 1320091XXXXXXXXXX

Almost all cell phone providers has these facilities..

For Eg. UMobile has similar feature using 130..
  1300091XXXXXXXXXX

Tunetalk is the cheapest if you can want to call  india numbers directly.

Figure out these options and it is convenient for you.

@Rakesh : Nymgo is an application you have to use through internet. This application can also install in ur mobile like SKYPE.

Thanks,

Hi,
I think, Maxis is reasonble price, call around Asia is much cheaper than Celcom.
I was cheated by Celcom dealer in KLCC as they sold simcard, top up without any receipt, they also accept cash only. Everyone should be careful with that dealer ( it's in the corner of KLCC C level); Check your phone top up before leaving; or ask for receipt incase you need to complain to Celcom Head Office!!!

Digi with RM 15 IDD  is cheap to call to India, singapore n othere Asian countries. It has free digi-digi sms and free international SMS and 15 MB internet.

Not for local calls in KL. If u are taking IDD Sim, then dont make local calls, as its expensive 36 sen per min.

Ok.
here it the direct answer

1. U Mobile connection with 1310 IDD plan- very cheap
2. Download fring app on your phone. Call rate to india would be somethink like 70 paisa (India currency)

I use the above two, and I am happy

Hey guys can anyone give me celcom idd code to call india like how maxis has 13200+country code+Phone number which is the cheapest way to call?

I don't think CellCom has similar feature. You might want to switch to Maxis/Umobile/Tunetalk..