Raising kids in Dominican Republic

One of the big differences I have observed is that kids here make do with much less. They are content to play stick ball in the street!  They find a way to entertain themselves without  some electronic gadget in their hands 24/7. 

They play OUTSIDE most of the time and do what kids used to do, you know in the olden days......LOL

A sane voice in the wilderness. A light in the darkness. Enlightenment blooms in the desert! Your son has been blessed with his parents.

Hello tinker40,

I recently read your post. We will be moving to Santo Domingo in June. We have two small kids (4 and 5) and I will like to know if you could give me the names of those small private schools you mentioned. W

Thank you!

First welcome to the forums.  Tinker likely won't respond as he has lost his sight.

What area of the country are you looking to settle in?  He most likely was referring to the Sosua area.

Hello Planner,

I am sorry to hear that Tinker has lost his sight. Thank you for answering me. I read the thread afterwards and realized it was about the Sosúa area. I am looking for bilingual schools in Santo Domingo, where we will arrive around June.

Thank you.

what would a youngster such as yourself know about olden days?

Schools in Santo Domingo - you will have many options.  All depends on your needs and budget. Later I will post a link to an article.

Here is the link -  I finally found it.  Some don't agree with the  standings etc but it is a good start on information for you.

https://sadiaries.com/best-private-scho … -republic/

@Priscilla What region of the Dominican are you speaking of?

@HokuMana now what region of the Dominican is this school in?

Welcome to the forums.  This is an older thread.  Those posters may not respond.

I will suggest you start a thread asking about schools in the area you need info about!