Cost of renting,

I hear about it being cheap to rent in Mexico,,,  then I see for rent  on this site...  min 1000 USD. 
one in Mexico city 2500 USD   This is outrageous.  I could rent cheaper in the USA.  If it is this high I will NOT be moving... >????  If they can get 2500 USD   Who can afford that ?   What it the Truth?

Wind_Rider wrote:

I hear about it being cheap to rent in Mexico,,,  then I see for rent  on this site...  min 1000 USD. 
one in Mexico city 2500 USD   This is outrageous.  I could rent cheaper in the USA.  If it is this high I will NOT be moving... >????  If they can get 2500 USD   Who can afford that ?   What it the Truth?

Well Wind rider,

If you look for a rental in a prime area in San Diego, or S.F. you will not see places that cheap. It's a matter of the area and location in that area. It is also confusing because some people read pesos as USD. Mexico CD is expensive in many areas but not all. It's a major city and lots of people travel to and live there. But Mexico is not the only city. Think of it as NY.

I live in a big house with a pool and pay the equivalent of $800 USD.  Which is slightly less than what I paid for a two bedroom condo in a nice Oregon area.  All of the U.S. is not the same price, just as all of Mexico is not the same price.

I have found in my online research that, As travel light says, it depends where in Mexico.  The more expats and English the more expensive.  You can find areas for less than $300/mo.  It just depends.  It also depends on what kind of lifestyle you're looking for.  More simple or more fancy.  Note this is all research from a distance, communicating with those living in Mexico through Facebook and groups like this.

Not sure where you are looking.   You have to do your research and contact agents and newspaper ads and also just walk around and talk with people.    I rented for $900 USD last year for a full month.  Large 1-Br, 7 blocks from the beach.    Rents can start as low as $400 USD and go very high, depending on where you rent and the amenities  you require.     Good luck!

I can understand Windriders sentiments. I am considering moving to the Chetumal area from Guatemala where I pay only USD$200 a month for a studio apartment with elec, water, and internet (adsl line) included. I am hoping that I should be able to do the same around Chetumal rural areas (not the tourist sector)

A 2 bedroom 1/2 block from the beach where I live is about$500 usd. That is for a nice condo . Go a little way further from the beach and you'll find cheaper as low as $250 usd

I rent a very nice 1 bed apt in the historic district in Morelia for $100 us dollars a month.I could go online where the cheapest 1 bedroom in this area will be advertised for $800 upwards.You just have to keep your eyes and ears open as you stroll around in the particular area your interested in.If you want to pay the same rent as the locals stay offline.