Extension of Vitem-II Visa

Hello All,

I currently have a Vitem-II multiple entry 90 days duration visa for Brazil. I have 2 questions.

First, If someone can guide me how to get an extension for another 90 days.
Second, if They give me another 90 days extension, will it be a multiple entry extension as well? I mean can i leave the country and come back again?

Thanks
Faheem

Faheemminas

You apply for the extension a few days before your first 90 days expire at the federal police. You are allowed only a certain amount of days according to your country. So if you are allowed 180 days per year then that is all you get for the year.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

So when I get extension from the Federal Police, Can I leave the country and come back again to complete my remaining days later? Lets say after 2 months.

For example, my current visa expires on 25th Jan. I will go to Federal Police around 15th of Jan and get the extention for another 90 days. Can I leave Brazil on 20th of January and come back, lets say,  in then end of April to complete my remaining days?

Thanks
Faheem

Faheem

No. The purpose of the extension is to extend the amount of time you are here now. If you want to come back then leave on time and then come back when you like and use your additional time. No need to ask for the extension.

Jim

Under the old rules you would need to leave the country for 270 days to gain credit for the next 180 days.   The new rules doesn't say from what I've been able to find.
Under the new rules if you are in Brasil under any visa you can apply for resident permit.

Hey bro, just wondering if we come on a Tourist visa, which other options do we have to get a residence visa. Thanks a lot in advance

sunmango,

If you´re not an MD, you should have money to apply for an investor´s visa...

robal

Waljah,

Please don´t post incorrect information to members! Post links to prove what you´re saying so we can verify!

robal

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t& … veVwt_yT4j

This is from an immigration lawyer.   This is where I got my information.  Also the agent I spoke to at GIG reiterated everything that Newland Chase lawyers stated.

Thanks Waljah...  ARTICLE 30 link is below in Portuguese...

https://www.jusbrasil.com.br/topicos/15 … io-de-2017

I wonder if the old RNE ID will still be valid or should be renewed with the new National Migration Register ID...

robal

From what I've been able to find the old rne will be phased out and the new classifications will be rendered.  If you are new applicant the new rules apply after the public declaration.  I was told to wait as the rules allow to apply for residence permit under any visa that the traveller arrived on.  If a traveler has not been to Brazil, the traveller would need to get a visitor visa, legalization of documents in country of origin then travel to Brasil and apply. As per new rules any applications for residence must be done in person in Brasil.

http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_a … L13445.htm

From Federal police website. The new law

Very nice... I just printed the whole thing for my reference!

robal