Close

Thought first or Action first!!!!

Dear All

What is your view about thought and action,for me I believe action is a shadow of thought,whatever we do ....knowingly or without knowingly thought is in process and then action takes place......

Regards
aryavrat

Depends on the situation.
Some actions require a lot of thought or they'll mess up.
Other actions require as little thought as possible, hand to hand combat being one fine example of an activity that should be conducted without thinking at all or you'll get your head kicked in.

In some situations I have been in, thinking has not entered into it at all, only action to enable myself and others to live another day.
Other times situations require thought before action to minimize action and effect.

Great question!

Would you:

- Ready, Aim, Fire! or
- Ready, Fire, Aim!

In most cases, "Ready, Aim, Fire!" will work out for the better. The amount of aiming may vary based on the situation. If you're confronting a new situation, more aiming if often advised. As you develop an instinct for certain situations, less aiming may be possible.

Fred mentioned hand-to-hand combat should be conducted without thinking. I would somewhat agree this to be true if the person is trained and can instinctively defend themselves from and counter-attack their opponent.

Fred I agree that hand to hand combat we don't have time to think but still in unconscious their must be a thought process which provides the action and defense is possible...

For me, life is simply the coin tosses, the roads, and choices. The coin toss must be in the blink of an eye to know that I am in charge and responsible for my life when I don't have time to thinking.

I try hard to not get into situations where action must come before thought, as they are all bad. I also don't do hand to hand combat and I don't fire. I live better without!

There is no action without a thought, every action comes with a command from the mind, either consciously or unconsciously,  you can do actions without thinking (in matter), but you can not do an action without thinking to do that action (in itself), because before you do the action you have to desire to do so, and you have to imagine unconsciously the whole action (as supposed to be) .

PaulToca :

- Ready, Aim, Fire! or
- Ready, Fire, Aim!

If it came to 'fire', you'd have to aim without thought or you'd be dead before you lined up the sights.
A quick shot might not be accurate but as long as you hit any part of the target you have time to aim the second round.
The range is the biggest factor, close up being a near sure hit centre mass but that gets harder once you're above five yards or so. Get to 20 yards and your chances of a hit are lessened, but so are his.
The thinking comes with the training, then it's time to stop thinking and let what you know flow.

PaulToca :

Fred mentioned hand-to-hand combat should be conducted without thinking. I would somewhat agree this to be true if the person is trained and can instinctively defend themselves from and counter-attack their opponent.

Takes years of getting slapped about but the defensive move can often be the counter attack.
A good incoming right hand punch can be stopped by punching your attacker's shoulder with a left jab. Stops him and hurts like crazy, likely dislocating his arm if you get it right.
You have to be fast so instinct only, no thinking.
As with firearms, the thinking comes when you learn the basics but stops when you're fighting.

Beppi ,That's nice and a true gentleman ,but if you watch yourself honestly,whatever you do thought is there,

Hey Zakariov  very well said n true

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR