Eye care

When I arrive in Pattaya next year I want to re-new my distance and reading glasses. Do they have opticians there that can give UK standard eye tests? I'm not interested in designer priced frames, just basic ones, plain lenses, no tints or coatings. So anyone any idea if I can find such a place, where about in Pattaya and rough idea on frame/test costs and waiting times? I will be there for 21 days. If anyone wondering why I need this in Pattaya, I live in Egypt and the eye test, supply of frames is quite naff. Thanking you, Dave.

You can try First Optic Pattaya.  Its a small shop with great service that I have been using the last six years. Shop doesn't carry a large of selection of frames but you should have no problem finding what you want provided you don't want designer frames.

Prices will be dependent on frame you select and prescription required.

Waiting time for delivery will be 1-7 business days depending on prescription and lenses. 

The shop owner is the only staff and he speaks decent English so you should have no problem communicating. 

Shop is located just off Pattaya 3rd road  south of  Pattaya  south road on Sip Chet.  If you open Google maps to Pattaya and then search for "first optic pattaya" it will zoom in on location.

Thanks for that STRAYDOG, just want basic frames. As it happens I was watching a new blogger yesterday and he went for a walkabout around the Mike Shopping center. I saw an opticians there, 1st/2nd? floor that was offering buy one get one free. I know my holiday is quite a while off yet and the offer may not be on then, but at least I have two to choose from. Thanks again, Dave.