Other foreigners living in Iran

Hi
I have lived in Iran for about 3 months and I am looking for other foreigners to share some thoughts. I am originally from Scandinavia and I am living now in Karaj. Until now I haven't seen any other foreigner in this country. I haven't even met anyone who could speak english and I don't speak farsi. I am suffering quite hard culture shock and would like to talk with others who have experienced same than me.

Hello, this is Umit from Istanbul. Currently living in Tehran on business. I will be happy to know friends who is living in the same city or closeby. Br's.

Hi
I'm leaving in Karaj too, if you need anything let me know we can share moment together

Hello, This is Adrian from Tehran, I live in Tehran also and my job is related with expats, and bcs of this I have so much expat friend and also I would like to communicate with expats.

So I'm ready to make gathering, parties, ... with my friends.

Hi all,

I'll be heading to Tehran in late March. I also have family in Karaj.
I will be keen to meet locals wanting to learn the Aussie way of life and our lingo

Hi sirline
I live in iran (shiraz city) but not in karaj, however I think that its not difiult to find some english-speaking gathering in a city such as karaj, which is so near to capital city(Tehran). I suggest you to go and find university of tehran where you can meet some foreign eng-speaking student specialy in medical school.
Furthermore, I can introduce you to my iranian freind near by you in tehran who can speak eng with you for further help and sharing of cultural issues!

Best wishes

Hello.I am ready ,can I help you?I living in tehran .where are you part of karaj?
saeid khodabandeh

Hello Sirline,

I know how you are feeling, it was difficult for me too at the beginning living as an expat in Iran, I would advice to try learning Farsi language it will help you alot , I dont know about Karaj but in Tehran there  are Farsi language classes that would be helpful, there arent many foreigners in Iran in general, if you want any help or someone to talk to about living in Iran, please dont hesitate to contact me,

Cheers

Hello , i live in Tehran , and i can speak French , English , German, If u need any help u can contact me.

Thank you

Hi, I'm an Australian woman living in abdol abad in Tehran. I'm married. I have no English speaking friends or family here. Just my husband's family. I would like to connect with a female so that we can talk and be friends. It is very hard here. I'm not allowed outside alone. I feel like a prisoner. Just someone to talk to would be helpful.

Hi Nicole I sent you a private message ☺️

Hi im 20 years old half iranian half romanian speak average farsi . It would be cool knowing other young expats living in tehran or karaj . Im 20 years old

Just moved to isfahan from California..

Hi all, will be arriving in Tehran in 2 days

I lived in scandinavia for 25 years let me know if you need any help

Hello!im Bagila from Kazakshtan living in Tehran for 2 years now.u can contact me via whats ap or telegram

Hi,
I am moving to Tehran soon...I am a single Male, working in an MNC.
Any suggestions on the move.
I will need a new set of friends, a new life.
Is Tehran as a place, nice to live in or will I feel a huge change for the worse...

B

Hi you can talk to me am here

Hi Nicole , I'll be glad to help you out . You can contact me if you want .

I can speak English,  German , Italian & Persian. 

Don't let anybody prison you !

Hello , H Have been lived in Tehran about 1 year, It was one of my good experience , I visit must-see cities of Iran with my Persian friends , I suggest you to find Persian friend and enjoy your life in Iran.

Merhaba Umit
Siz Tahranda misiniz?

HI
I live in Tehran and am an English translator. It is a great pleasure to help you. If you need help, you can contact me. Also, there are many language centres in Karaj and Tehran. You can refer to them and they will help you. Any way, I can help you

Hi guys, im from California and currently am in Iran until August.
Contact me for any help.
Have good trip and enjoy

Hi, welcome to Iran. What are you doing in Esfahan? business?

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : wrong language + please use English in the English speaking forum. Thank you

HI
how are u?
How can I help you?

Hi friend,

This is Sahar.  Sorry to hear that you feel homesick and are behaved like a strange and alien here in Tehran.
In that part of Tehran, most of the ppl don't know English. But in other regions, it's easier to find English speaking friends. Most of the Iranians don't know English, but those who majored in English or had lived in English- speaking countries. You can go to language centers to kill the bird with two stones, you can make friends with English teachers and also you can teach English there. There are many language institutes that need native teachers.

Further, I can help you too. No worries.

Hi,
Are you still living in Karaj ?
I'm in Karaj also. I'm a native english speaker and have lived in several countries. Im of Persian origin and it's my first time in Iran since I was a little girl so I'm having culture shock too !
Feel free to contact me. It would be great to speak English !

Deze guestposter72,
It has been some time ago that you post this and I hope you got good contact with some women already.
I am a woman from Holland (the Netherlands) who is married for 26 years now with an Iranian man. Unfortunately I am not living in Tehran (or in iran at all), but I visit it a lot. I speak the language. Maybe you like to talk and I can advice you or just become good friends.
Next time I come to Tehran i can visit you if you like.

Good luck

Hello 👋🏻
This is Yasmin from Iran, 27 years old
Since I move to Iran I really feel lonely 😔
And I'm looking for international friends 😉to travel and have a nice time together, if anyone looking for friends plz pm me 😉
I'm interested to make lots of friends from all around the world 🌍

Hi, My name is Jobin, I grew up in Norway, and I also live in Karaj - Mehrshahr, we could stay connected... welcome to Iran

I love to move my family from south Africa to Iran we are nigerian origin family of five both professionals I will like to receive advise in the area of work permit and how easy can a Christian Integrated.

Hi i am Fariborz from Iran .Tehran i was born in 1966 in Tehran . i think you are wrong most of people in Iran can speak English very well You should find it on the internet if you like i can connect  you with one of my friends who has lived in Gutenberg for 28 years .
He works in a car factory please let me know if you like
In the end, forgive me if I did not have fluent English

hi, im in Iran  i would like to have contact with english speakers and if is posible, spanish speaker

Regards

Hi I sent you a private message 😀

Hi I know both of the ladies on this post and they have both left Iran and gone back home 😀 Cheers Tanya

I'm going to Tehran next month

Hi my dear,

i hope ypu found already some firnds here if not you can join us here in Teheran, We are a small group of English speaking foreigners and also some Iranien friends. Boys and Girls. So feel free to contact us.
Carsten

Hi Hun she has gone back to Netherlands, living here was very hard on her and she left when she could x cheers