Seeking employment in Austria/ limited german

Hi everyone , i am a compliance professional seeking to relocate to Vienna, however, my german is very limited. what are the changes of success for someone like me.  Can someone please explain to me.. is it preferable to apply for job before coming to Vienna? or should i learn German first, before translating my resume for the Austrian Market? what route have proven more successful for American expats professionals seeking relocation to vienna?

There are probably international companies using English as work language. After, of course, learn German is a big advantage to spread your research, but know that in any case, employers wishing recruit you, will have to prove they don't find European for job.

wow! i guess i have my work cut out for me? are there say.... low level entry level positions for someone like me  to enter into; I mean  just to get a foothold in the economy?

On the contrary, the low level positions are not open to non-EU/Schengen citizen, except in areas and job deserted by them (mainly industry, as boiler or job like that, or construction and public works).

Apart to have outstanding or rare skills in a specific area, you must be high-graduate (Master) to hope to get a work visa in Europe especially in IT, sciences, high management, ie... Econmy is a vast area and also, financial rules, low and system are very different between USA and Europe...

What degree do you have exactly?

chienpoo12 wrote:

wow! i guess i have my work cut out for me? are there say.... low level entry level positions for someone like me  to enter into; I mean  just to get a foothold in the economy?

What is your profession? You need to give more details. Why have you chosen Austria?

Just to add, the OP is a US citizen looking for work in the "Compliance" field, so a regulatory profession that will almost certainly need host nation qualifications and the ability to communicate effectively.