9x Pass Application being Rejected by MOM

Hi,

Can anyone explain what's going on with my working pass application? I have bachelor degree from Indonesia, worked for 8 years till finally I decided to stay in Singapore. My working experience was in event field.

After I applied for more than 100 companies, Oct 2016 one event company applied E-Pass for me with salary $4000 - Rejected "the candidate has not experience working in SG before" - Appeal also rejected.

Moved to one travel company who looked for Indonesian - Nov 2016 Applied S-pass for me with salary $2500 - Rejected "Candidate isnt eligible to get work pass" - Appeal also rejected

As my friends told me that the reason is bcs my education background, I decided to take Diploma in Professional Business English in Kaplan, finished and got a diploma cert in 3 months.

August 2017 Another event company applied E-Pass with salary $6000 - Rejected "the salary increase is tpo high" ???? - Appeal also rejected

October 2017 Another event company applied E-Pass with same salary $6000 - Rejecred "the salary increase is too high, pls provide copy of bank acc, 3 months payment slip and reason why there's a high increase of salary" - Appeal with complete documents needed - Rejected "the salary increase too high"

November 2017 A Trading company applied S-pass with salary $2800 - Rejected "Candidate isnt eligible for work pass"

I swear I've nv done anything wrong / have a crime record or being rejected for entering SG or anything else.

So whats the real reason I've been rejected for 9x application?

Isn't there any way for me to get a pass here?

Thanks for anyone who want to help me!

Sorry to hear your case. If you look into your case, you will find the salary offered at various stages by different employers were highly inconsistent, which could lead to suspicious in eye of MoM officer who has all your past records in their database. Secondly, you should not accept those offers at various stages, cause if you were earlier offered of $4000, then how did you accept an offer of $2500? Then, next one $6000? Now, MoM might be thinking you are trying by hook or by crook to get a job in Singapore and these salary offers are not genuine, which causing multiple rejections.

In future, try to avoid such issues or else MoM may not be allowed you to work for few years (they will mention to the employer that “this candidate is not eligible to work here, find a suitable candidate for this post”). Good luck.

Hi Surya,

Thanks for the reply. However I could not force the company to apply me same amount of salary as the job scope are differents (For instance, $6000 is for International event manager which will force me to travel oversea regurarly, $4000 is for Assistant event manager position in different event company, and $2800 is a basic salary, as some companies prefer to gv low basic salary but high commission).

Just to double check, the words "candidate isnt eligible for working pass" does it mean that i ald blacklisted by MOM forever and wont get any pass even I apply in other companies?

I am thinking to take another event course in local uni in SG, does it help or if the rumour that I ald blacklisted is true then even I get a new cert will be useless? (My bachelor degree from Indo was in medical - no relate with event - but i worked in event field for 8 years).

Thank you

If it has mentioned that you are not eligible for work pass then I sense MoM might have stopped you to work here temporarily. I would suggest you may reach out MoM to clarify it.

Next time when your pass rejected then during your appeal you may mention the rationale for the change in salary offered at you, including change in job scope to MoM but I have doubt that they may still think that you are trying by hook or by cook to work here. But, there is nothing wrong to give a try.

Any additional course in your existing expertise would help but how far it would help depends on your course and it's reputation in the market. Good luck

Hi Surya,

Have you heard any case that similar with me (rejection reason is bcs the candidate isnt eligible to get a work pass) but in the end he/she could get the pass? Or totally there's no more chance to get a pass? your word "temporarily" means for how long?

My concern is because if I ald spent $30k for a course but in the end I still blacklisted, then I just waste money for the course.

The company's HR has called MOM to get a clarification about the rejection. However MOM did not give clear answer regarding to it.

Thank you

I suggested to reach out MoM and clarify your doubts. Yes, there were instances where MoM temporarily stopped employee to work here due to various reasons. Banned period would last long a year or two but I would advise check with MoM first. Hope our assumptions may be wrong and you are not banned. Good luck

It looks to MoM (and, honestly, to me too) as if you are desperate to come to Singapore for reasons that you do not disclose and which have nothing to do with your job or career - otherwise you wouldn't have accpted vastly differing job scopes and salaries.
This is highly suspicious and caused the rejections. The answers MoM gave basically mean you are barred from getting a work pass (for now) and there is nothing the employer can do about it.
I suggest you refrain from any other attempt of entering Singapore for at least a year or two. After that you might be able to start another attempt.
It could be beneficial to, in the meantime, get a degree or certification in the field you intend to work in. Having a degree in a completely different field is also disliked by MoM.

Hi, last month my S-pass application got rejected by MoM saying "this candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate".

Question is how to clarify with MoM? As I know we the employer is the one can clarify it and for me the employer won't entertain me on that.

I only can assume, MoM reject because the salary not meet up. It's 4500 SGD while I'm married and my spouse don't have the capablities to work there. So I learn that Dependant visa for spouse is 6000 SGD. This, I just found out otherwise I won't accept the vacancy. So I believe the salary is the reason. Please help to advise how to clarify that with MoM?

Secondly, now I'm interviewing with another company and it looks good and this time the salary is gonna be 6000 SGD. Question is :
1. Will the changes of the salary consider fraud? Since I think this is the right amount consider my certifications.
2. Will the last month rejected status on MoM will be holding me again ? Because it's just a month away.

Kindly advise.
Thanks,
Toni

When MoM mentions “this candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate". It means you are not eligible to work here, possibly due to several reasons such as adverse record against you or any complaints or the skills required is available locally etc.

As we have said many times in this forum that please go through the previous discussions in the category to get the answers. In most of cases, you will find these queries were addressed in numerous occasions. Do spend some time to go through various threads before you post repeat questions. Good luck

Below link for you taken from one recent discussion:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=659198

S-Pass and Dependents Pass (DP) are completely separate issues. Thus you not fulfilling the salary criteria for DP has no influence on whether you get an S-Pass or not.
As Surya explained above, the rejection wording says there is something wrong in your profile that makes you ineligible to work in Singapore.
If the company does not help you, it is nearly impossible to find out what that is.

Hi Surya,

Thank you for your straight answer. I do search to similar discussion in this forum and other forum as well. That is why I want to know "How to rectify to MoM" since in this forum saying the employer should be the one who engage with MoM, even try to appeal. But as I mentioned, that is not my 'luck', the company won't entertain me that much.

There is one discussion saying to call and ask for appointment with MoM my self, what I want to know is whether there is such coincident ? because it is the opposite of the 1st procedure (employer should be the one to engage). Furthermore I don't leave there, so I need to know how is the chance.

Second of all, since there is no direct explanation for the reason, you have said it many times about MoM has no obligation to say the reason. That is why I took assumption my self by studying at my preference. And that fact that I accept the salary 4500 SGD is too small as it will not get Dependent Visa for my wife because I'm married. This is my self assumption which only need a few opinion of justification.

Since the reason is quite clear, because of the status, or is there other, let say age limitation since I'm 43, but this too I have research and I think the limit is 50. But then again need some professional opinion whether it is true.

So, lastly, I only want to know whether if I apply again under different company and this time 6000 SGD, reached the condition to apply Spouse's dependent visa, is the differences, up to 1500 SGD consider a fraud because in other discussion were talking about if there is too many differences on the salary, MoM might consider it as a fraud. I think for this factor, quite reasonable I asked since you have mentioned different people different case. Btw, the company this time is still under the same industry and the position is almost the same, only they offer higher salary. So what I need an opinion is that whether the salary up by 1500's ok ? and then it is only between a month away, will it be ok ?  I noticed again in other forums saying it should wait for a year, so again I need a few opinion.

Again thank you for your kind help and time.

Toni

Hi Beppi,

I think this is the correct opinion that I'm looking for. Although still sad because of the uncertain reason, but at least I know is not my salary.

Btw, I understand S-Pass and dependent visa is different, that is why I only take assumption, since in the application I mentioned I' married, and of course (hypothetically) even after I get that S-Pass I will need to apply Dependent Visa then I will get trouble. This is why I think MoM already think further ahead and reject my S-Pass at the 1st time. But then again you have cleared it for me, so many thanks.

Appreciate it.
Toni.

I think we answered all your questions, or didn't we?
(if so, repeating them is not necessary.)

Tony, there is nothing as such that “since in the application I mentioned I' married, and of course (hypothetically) even after I get that S-Pass I will need to apply Dependent Visa then I will get trouble.“

If you shown as married then it's not necessary to apply DP. First and foremost you should be eligible to apply for DP (min salary limit should be S$6k).

If you are eligible then it's your own choice to apply DP for your family, neither Employer nor MoM will ask you to apply forcibly. Then why this kind of questions are coming in your mind?

Secondly, yes MoM will check what's the current market salary range for the position you are offered. If $4,500 was market below then MoM did right things to reject. If $6,000 is at par market standard and the employer has good reputation in the market, and the skill sets you possess is rare and doesn't have locally (MoM may ask employer to show them how many local people were interviewed and what was the reason they were rejected etc). Based on the employer's rationale MoM may consider to approve the EP or S pass (depends on other qualifications criteria). Good luck

Hi All,

Just sharing my experiences before.
In 2013, I was just graduated my master from Taiwan.

Two different companies applied SPass for me.
Both rejected and the reason was " not eligible for work pass".
Appeal was also rejected one week later.

I went to Taiwan to work for a while.
I finally able to work in Singapore under EP in 2014.

Hermanto: Fresh graduates without applicable work experience are only eligible for work in Singapore if they have some rare and in-demand skills that are no available locally.
It seems after a year working elsewhere, you were deemed eligible. That is good - the usual experience needed is three years!

surya2k wrote:

When MoM mentions “this candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate". It means you are not eligible to work here, possibly due to several reasons such as adverse record against you or any complaints or the skills required is available locally etc.

As we have said many times in this forum that please go through the previous discussions in the category to get the answers. In most of cases, you will find these queries were addressed in numerous occasions. Do spend some time to go through various threads before you post repeat questions. Good luck

Below link for you taken from one recent discussion:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=659198

Hi, I would like to say it might not be true. For my case, EP/SPass I received the same rejection message saying I'm not eligible to work here. But after that , my company applied work permit for me as a Malaysian, it got approved in a day.

Mrhelpme: What do you mean “but, after that my company applied work permit as a Malaysian?” You mean your company had applied wrongly, earlier?

Anyway, visa processing, PR processing and citizenship awards for Malaysians are completely different to the rest. Singapore has a separate agreement placed with Malaysian Govt at the time of independence from Malaysia. Malaysians always get privileged, even the minimum salary limit and minimum educational requirements for EP or S pass are relaxed for them. So, the earlier message was not applicable to you. I'm surprised how come you didn't know this being a Malaysian!