Info please

Hi guys;

anybody working in the logistics / transport industry?

I did, then moved to the UK - my speciality is Dangerous Goods; my daughter still does work in Logistics in Holland.

If you have the relevant experience and speak Dutch, you should have no problem, there is plenty of work around.  How to get a job; contact the various agency's (uitzendbureau's), Google will help you with that.

Hi Cynic;

thank you very much for your reply. we currently run consolidation loads between Cape Town and Johannesburg and all other major cities in South Africa. I am also furthering my studies: freight forwarding and customs clearance. I have about 6 years experience in the transport / logistics industry. I am very interested in moving to The Netherlands in the future. What line of logistics is your daughter in? Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.

Take care...!

oh, and I am Afrikaans speaking from Cape Town, pretty close to Dutch... would that count in ones favor?

Dawie die Kabouter wrote:

Hi Cynic;

thank you very much for your reply. we currently run consolidation loads between Cape Town and Johannesburg and all other major cities in South Africa. I am also furthering my studies: freight forwarding and customs clearance. I have about 6 years experience in the transport / logistics industry. I am very interested in moving to The Netherlands in the future. What line of logistics is your daughter in? Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.

Take care...!

My daughter's background was in food, IMO probably the worse part of Distribution.  She just got a new job working as a logistics planner for a High-street Clothing retailer.

Dawie die Kabouter wrote:

oh, and I am Afrikaans speaking from Cape Town, pretty close to Dutch... would that count in ones favor?

Afrikaans is a mixture of Dutch, German and African tribal languages as it was spoken 200 years ago and it hasn't developed much in that time; nobody in Holland speaks Afrikaans.  Where it may help you is in learning Dutch as there are some similarities in the syntax.  My advice would be to start learning Dutch (google naar nederland) and send your CV to the agencies.

At the top of the page are links to our Handy Tools section, in which you'll find our expat guides which contain articles you may find useful in planning your journey.

Once you've read those, if you have any further specific questions, then come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team