Exploring life in Baja

My wife and I are thinking about retirement in Baja. We are spending weekends in our place here in Rosarito and getting to know the life style. We like the low prices and the stress-free atmosphere. Any one here has any experiences to share?

Thanks

Lucky you, we can only make it down about every three months at least until our place is built.  Then we plan to be there for months at a time.  Our limited time at Rosarito and Popotla has been outstanding.  We are still exploring for places to eat and things to do.  We did a drive out to the wine country and had some nice wines and great conversation.  Next time I might try UBER since it seemed many of the wineries are difficult to locate.

I would suggest going on a paid wine tour. You will get a good introduction to the Valle's wineries and culinary delights from someone who knows the area intimately. With an Uber you may get someone who knows the way to the Valle but has no knowledge of what is there to explore.

Good idea, thanks.

My wife and I have lived in Rosarito full time for almost 4 years. We've had our condo here for nearly 5 years and vacationed here often for many years before that. We currently live about 1km south of Calafia but are now building a house at K55 on the free road and will expect to be moving sometime in the spring of 2018.

We love it here. You get a very definite change in life style and culture but have easy access to the border to visit or be visited by family and friends from the US. Interestingly though, for us, the longer we live here the less desire we have to cross the border.

There are many social and cultural events that provide opportunities to experience the local culture and customs, and make and strengthen new friend ships with both expats and natives. I would encourage you to get out of your home frequently to explore the surrounding area. Read the English
language news papers. They provide information on the many things that are happening in northern Baja.

There are also many fine charities operating in the Rosarito area. We find involvement in charitable organizations and events have helped build and expand our social life while giving us the satisfaction of giving back to the local community. Look into Friend of the Library, the Boys and Girls Club, BECCA, Hearts of Baja and Cruz Roja as starters. There are many expats and Mexican citizens working together to provide needed services and educational opportunities. The friendships and social connections that are made also enrich the lives of those who participate.

Most of all, let your hair down, relax and enjoy the wonderful experiences that await.

I am from Italy and lived so many years in the States. A few years ago I moved to Tijuana and kind of liked the stress free lifestyle. A year ago we purchased a 10 acres lot and started to build a Trailer Park because we really liked the El Socorro area in Baja North. What we liked is to see lots of Americans in Mexico, it is kind the best of both worlds because here is safe but it is nice and is cheaper than the US... We are about to open and we think is gonna be awesome...

unci wrote:

I am from Italy and lived so many years in the States. A few years ago I moved to Tijuana and kind of liked the stress free lifestyle. A year ago we purchased a 10 acres lot and started to build a Trailer Park because we really liked the El Socorro area in Baja North. What we liked is to see lots of Americans in Mexico, it is kind the best of both worlds because here is safe but it is nice and is cheaper than the US... We are about to open and we think is gonna be awesome...

Yes, many Americans as well as Germans, French, English and Portuguese have move here. You will also find people from many asian and midleastern cultures.

Please think about putting a  add in the housing section at the top of the page when you open.

Buena suerte

Hi.  Can anyone tell me what kind of rental rates one could expect? 2 br, 2 ba. With any Ocean view? Beach access and golf are not important to us. We would probably be there in the winter - say Dec - March.

Thanks,
Hack

Wow reading the posts I love it. I plan on taking my family to Rosarito. Never done this before I lived in San Diego 38 years and I'm excited!