Ukrainian Visas and Overstaying

This thread is designed to take the "off-topic" posts from "Ukrainian Dating". Hoping the moderator will transfer the relevant posts for me!!

Has anyone had a problem understanding the 90/180 day rule that the Ukrainian (and other) governments operate? I do now, but I can see how it is so easy to become an overstayer.
I had always thought that the 180 day period was fixed and received a rude awakening on leaving Borispol this month (but still the rule was not explained to me then).
The migration office in Nikolaev stated that, at the current date, the 180 days began on the 6th April 2017. As this was early October, I thought "Oh that's OK because it will start a new period on 6 October". It was not explained that the 180 day period was a rolling date depending on the time you enter or leave the country.
Has anyone overstayed twice or more and, if so, what were the consequences?

Hi there
My wife's friend overstayed once and tried to re enter as was sent back to UK with a 12 month ban, but i have a neighbour who overstayed twice and still keeps coming in so its anybodys guess

Perhaps the fact that the 90/180 day rule was not explained to me on leaving would be mitigating circumstances if I happened to overstay again!

Why !!
You do understand the rule or should understand.
So why do you think it is OK to overstay?
The British government doesn't like visitors overstaying and thier passports would be stamped and future visas refused.
So why do we and Americans think this rule doesn't matter!

Simply follow the rules - then you won't have problems coming and going.
WE ARE GUESTS IN UKRAINE

Sierra44 wrote:

Perhaps the fact that the 90/180 day rule was not explained to me on leaving would be mitigating circumstances if I happened to overstay again!

Ignorance of the law is almost never accepted as an excuse.

Overstaying as a visitor is totally different to being an illegal immigrant (which overstaying is classed as). Foreign visitors in Ukraine bring money into the country and, unless they break the law, form no threat to their society. Of course, I respect their laws and should abide by them. It is just a little disappointing that I can not visit as often as I wish.