Expat provident fund/ pension/ retirement information?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any tips of where I can find information on setting up an expat provident/ retirement fund?
Is there something my employer can contribute to or is it always a private scheme for expats?

Any tips or advice are welcome, or even signposting to websites I can take a look at.

Many Thanks!

EPF is a government coordinated scheme. Employers are not obliged to enable foreign employees to join and you need their support to do so. Employers may make a contribution but it can be as low as RM5 per month. Do not expect employers to pay the same percentages they do for Malaysian employees.

Hi Everyone,
Query regarding EPF... As an expat it just means some sort of saving which one can take back after quitting/ leaving Malaysia permanently. So,
1. Can we take back 100% of accumulated funds?
2. Does it have any deductions?
3. Implications of current salary?

Thanks in advance!

-Ash

1. Yes 100% of savings on departure from Malaysia
2. Not on the EPF savings account
3. I think its still 11% you can pay yourself into an EPF account
4. Your Appointment Letter will state whether the employer is going to contribute anything (can be as little as RM5 per month or zero)

The EPF is for Malaysians, but foreigners can set up an account so when reading the general rules, they are those applying to locals. This is why companies do not have to contribute to EPF for their foreign employees

Hi Gravitas, thank you for quick reply!

Can someone help with how to get the EPF number that the company is asking for so that they can start EPF component? Do i need a letter from the company?

http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/member … gistration