Best place to watch football????

OK so I been here 2 years now. And have still not nailed a good place to watch a bit of football.

Now, being a Watford fan it is not as easy to find a pub that is going to be showing one of our matches over a Liverpool or United game.

What I am really looking for is a pub that has multiple tv, a large screen, reasonably cheap pints(not the €5 like Hugos). Plenty of horrid little bars in Bugibba that will show the game but not the most appealing of places to chill.

Suggestions are most welcome.

danbatch wrote:

OK so I been here 2 years now. And have still not nailed a good place to watch a bit of football.

Now, being a Watford fan it is not as easy to find a pub that is going to be showing one of our matches over a Liverpool or United game.

What I am really looking for is a pub that has multiple tv, a large screen, reasonably cheap pints(not the €5 like Hugos). Plenty of horrid little bars in Bugibba that will show the game but not the most appealing of places to chill.

Suggestions are most welcome.

You could buy an Android STB and watch any premiership game live! Then go and have a beer!
Your post suggests you live in or near Bugibba but your profile still says you live in London so it might help people to suggest nearby places if you update your profile.

Ray

Woops my bad! I live in Naxxar.

I could indeed buy a Android box and watch at home. However cuddling up to my chums in my bedroom with a can of Cisk is not ideal haha. So a pub that has multiple Android Boxes/IPTV and screens would be great

Have you tried asking if they will show the matches you are interested in?

Indeedy I have. There has been a couple that have made the promise. Then you arrive at 3.30pm and they decide to play a different game. It would be nice to just find somewhere reliable that i can go week in week out without having to message a different bar every week or call, most times without getting an answer when calling or reply on fb that i know will glady whack on a game :)

Are there a number of your friends wishing the same thing? I.E want to watch the same team? Maybe if there is a few of you, you could set up a Watford Fan club in Malta?

THen adopt a bar to show the matches, but you will need a good gathering in order to do this. I have seen this done in many places across Europe.

Great suggestion. Unfortunately we have tried this. And it seems there are 3 Watford fans in all of Malta according to the FB group we set up. Me, my friend and a Cat lol.

I am sure I will find a local pub soon enough. Thanks for all your help guys.

Time square bar on the sliema front is not a bad place for the football. Always a few games being shown on the screens. A good cosmopolitan crowd and reasonable prices and decent food as well. Hope this helps. Btw being an Evertonian can we nick your manager?

Hi Dan

I had the same problem, but the three or four excellent places to go..  Below are my picks for this area of the island.  My wife and I go regularly to Salisbury (weekly!)  Great crowd and no partisanship.

TOP -- Salisbury Arms in Sliema (near St James Hospital), Multiple TV's. Close to an English pub style. The owner is a Man U supporter and loves footie and rugby.  Cheap beer and a good crowd.  Call ahead and they will tell you whats playing and where the sound will be playing for which match.

V Close 2nd - Zmerc bar in Attard, multiple TV's and if you call ahead they will tell you what games they are playing and will often accommodate and depending on the match and who else is playing will put your match sound on for you

Good - Is-City (City Bar) in Mosta.  They have 2 TV's and always put the matches on. Cheap beers and a good crowd.

OK - Ceasars House in Naxxar will often put matches on if they are playing on Go!

Hope this helps

Paul

Crow's Nest is a good place and Staff is friendly

great info. I think I will give Zmerc a shout. Off to Misty blues tonight in buggiba. this is my safe bet hhaha

Thanks everyone

danbatch wrote:

Great suggestion. Unfortunately we have tried this. And it seems there are 3 Watford fans in all of Malta according to the FB group we set up. Me, my friend and a Cat lol.

I am sure I will find a local pub soon enough. Thanks for all your help guys.

I bet the cat's not there for the match either, so that's 2 really. Perhaps you should switch your allegiance.  :D