Want to move to latvia

Hello everyone i'm planning on moving to latvia i'm french i speak fluent english and i'm learning russian for about six months now
I've been in Latvia several times and i like this country so i would like to know from foreign people who live there how can i do to first to find a job and then an appartement too
If you guys have some links or advices to share that would be great
Thanks in advance
Regards

Hi and welcome on the forum cedric06 :)

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Latvia classifieds. You may also post in Accommodation for your search of house/ flat ;)

Good luck
Armand

thankes for the hint Armand

Hi

For find a flat the most popular website is ss.lv

Im french too and i m living in LV :)

see u

Hello,

I am from India planning to do MBA from riga technical university ...can somebody tell me about the university reputation....means if i do MBA from there..is it worth it or not...after completion of MBA i will get job easily or not...and while studying can i do part time job or not..please anyone tell me more about the university and place ...i will really be thankful to you..

regards
sagar

Hi Sagar and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to start a new thread on the forum, as you are :offtopic:  on this one.;)

Harmonie.

Hello  every one ,

My name is Toms , i study and work in Riga.

I work in real estate company. If you have any questions please send mee message and i try answer to all your questions!

hi
i am emiee from Namibia i also want to come and study or work in Latvja i have been the several times and i like it there ....how to i go about it...

catch me at [email protected]

Hi emiee,

You could start a new topic with more details on the Latvia forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi dude,

I am Nelson from India. I am working in an software company in india. I want to move to Latvia, what are the possibilities.

Expecting your reply :)

regards,
Nelson.V

Hello Nelson, I moved to Latvia two years ago from England.At this time of year you will need snow shoes and the cruel winters are hard on warm bloods. Saying that summers are golden. Jobs are only in the capital unless you speak Latvian and are known for your work as the competition is vast. Riga Ex Pats club on the internet is the first place to start then find a job before you move.Under Latvian law a foreign national has to have at least 350 euro per montn income and pay out around one hundred for registration on a five year agreement. You must also have a private medical care contact.You can arrange this here at costs for 60 euro to 580 euro per year for basic cover but it is accepted by the Government department of emigration in Limbazi or Riga. Income tax is cheap so is food and drink and fuel for cars half what UK pays. Their is little tax on houses but renting is high here unless you share. You can buy a house to do up as I did with no restrictions save no business land can be issued to a non native Latvian. It does not stop you buying a cheap home around thirty six thousand EURO still buys you a start in wooden houses and at.least the land is included in most cases. It is a big jump from the warm climate of India Nelson but if you still think it worth it find a job first and some place to live to be able to register in Latvia. I cannot help you more but find me on expats page I am Baronet Kevin James Parr. Not that hard to find. Good luck but do not be tempted to come here without work or a place to live. Besides a holiday time if you outstay your visit they place high fines on you and deport you out of the country. You know this so no more to say be good and farewell.

:/ Hello guys my name is Ibrahim I'm living in Sweden . And i want to move to Latvia because my gf she is from there . And I need little bit information about what should I do I have a permanent residence in Sweden. Thanks

Hello,

I am from India and planning to do MBA in latvia . can anyone tell me about the universities reputation. If I do MBA from there is it worth it or not. after completion of MBA i will get job easily or not. And while studying can i do part time job!! Kindly anyone tell me more about the university and place. I will really be thankful to you.

regards
Navaneethan

Hey i am from sri lanka,i want to go latvia to high study
,but i want to know i can find the part time jobs easy?and i can mange my living cost and school fee? Please

Hello, I am 52 and I live in Belgium since 1993. I was born in Portugal and did all my studies there. In 2016 I went to Latvia for the first time and since then I return every two months for a weekend. I speak Portuguese, English, Dutch and French. This year I will start learning Russian but unfortunately I can't follow Latvian in any school here in Belgium. I would love to move to Latvia asap because I really feel home there.

Hey
The Immigration Law of Latvia provides several options for those, who want to immigrate to Latvia. Many students are moving to Latvia in order to get a European education and discover new possibilities for living and travelling in Europe. So still can do? immigration-residency.eu/immigration-to/latvia/