Interesting customs and traditions in Uganda

Hello everyone,

Living outside of our home country requires us to adapt to a new culture and different traditions. What are some of the cultural specifics in Uganda?

What are some of the traditional beliefs and cultural practices that you have encountered in Uganda that are different to your home country?

Tell us a bit more about some of the customs that you've found interesting, such as communication style, food, greetings, laws, or festivities.

What were your initial reactions and how did you adapt to them?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hey

I am not an expert and I am Ugandan.
Ugandans love to be hugged. Whether men or women they love to hug while greeting. That's weird but not to us as Ugandans. I won't talk about the food because I am personally used to it and from my experience I think you may or may not like it because I have suffered in that line while here in India. The food is the worst can't dream coming back and eat Matooke.
How long have you been in Uganda? Ugandan people are the friendliest, very welcoming and they don't know how to pretend. They love partying and fun! You will soon start to enjoy once you get used to them. It's the best place to be if you love to be loved and love a community of warm hearted people.

Regards.