Close

Legalizing my Birth Certificate

Hello,
I have an interesting issue to legalizing my Birth Certificate as the following:
- I travelled to Netherlands and tried to issue my BSN number, which I needed my Birth certificate legalized by NL embassy.

- I am an Egyptian who born in Saudi Arabia.
- I don't hold the Saudi Citizen, and when I enter it, I need a visa as anyone else.
- After I translated my Egyptian Birth Certificate, I went to Netherlands embassy in Egypt to legalize it.
- NL Embassy rejected to Legalize it as I was born in another country, and they asked me to go to the ministry of Foreign affairs in Saudi Arabia to legalize it then go to Netherlands embassy in Saui to legalize it.

What they are asking are IMPOSSIBLE to occur as I am not a Saudi citizen.
Any advise ?

Thanks

Try this ...

1) Saudi Embassy in Cairo.
2) Ministry of Foreign affairs of Egypt.
3) NL Embassy in Cairo.

I think if you passed p#1 you may carry on with the rest.

The Dutch are very strict in their rules and requirements and sadly its not something that you can by pass and its part of Dutch life, following 'the rules'. They often ask for documents to be notarised, even when your own home country wouldnt do it. I know a number of people who have had to pay for lawyers to help them to get items legalised in their own country, its a bit crazy but it is the Dutch way.  Good luck!

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Netherlands