Living expenses

I've read quite a bit about expenses. When we come to live we will have paid off the condo mortgage and have $3700 for the remainder of our expenses. our hoa is 150 and cable/internet $100- are we going to be comfortable? We aren't fancy but we like to enjoy a drink out and we still want to travel. What do you know about flights out to Europe/ getting cruises? i'm willing to work part time- in education but have read that it is very hard to get a job. don't laugh but are there jobs as substitute teachers at all?

First off welcome to the forum.  Where in the DR are you moving to?  You should do fine on that budget depending on lifestyle.

There are multiple flights to multiple European cites from multiple air ports here.  It all depends on where you are located as to what cities willl be easiest to get to.  The only cruise that i know of that you can board here on a regular basis leaves from La Romana on the south coast

The public schools do not use substirute teachers unless for a long posting but some of the private shcools do.  You will need some typr of teaching certificate and to work here legally you will need your residencyand cedula.

There is lots of good information on this fourm just read, read and read some more and come back with questions.

Good luck

Bob K

I second the welcome!!!!

Substitute teaching will be tough but maybe a private school. Hownis your Spanish?

Depending where you settle your budget should be adequate.

Cruises - la Romana, Santo Domingo and very soon Ambar Cove near Puerto Plata have cruise departures!

For travelling remember Miami is very close for connecting flights to almost anywhere. Bob is correct many flights to Europe direct from DR!