Anyone know the Srem area? Need some advice!

Hi everyone, we moved out to BG full time in April ( general Toshevo area ) we are very remote and whilst I've enjoyed the peace I still find it strange after living in a busy area in UK!
No one speaks English and I'm finding Bulgarian very difficult! But I do try!!
Waiting 7 months for bulsat to fit internet ( when they were 'in the area' ) didn't help!!
We've been offered a great deal on a 4 bed renovated house in Stem south BG. Does anyone know the area? Is there more expats down there?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Hiya Nannychickchick,

We sell a lot of property in the village of Srem and the surrounding area, so we know there are lots of expats living there. It's a good village by all accounts and has a typical Bulgarian shop/cafe and a good mayor.

Close by is an expat cafe which does Sunday lunches, and has regular karaoke/theme nights etc if that's your thing. It's about 15-20 from the main town there Elhovo so you won't be short of ways to meet other expats.

Good luck!
Nikki

Thanks for your reply, the karaoke bar was interesting as we spent 25yrs in live music - the last 15 running karaoke klassics!

Are there large supermarkets in the area or is it a trip to yambol?

If anyone knows of any ex pats selling a 3+ bed house for sale ( up to UK standards! ) in the Elhovo, surrounding area let me know?

Not so much a karaoke bar, more a cafe that does karaoke.

There are supermarkets there, but there are better ones such as Kaufland, Lidl and Billa in Yambol town.

We have plenty of property for sale!

Thanks for the shops info! What is the property site?
Regards, trish

I'll pm you.

Hi, I did some building work in Srem last year, and i stayed for a few weeks. It's a quiet village with poor shopping facilities, but has a few bars, so if you like a drink in the evening its good, but if you are not into the drinking scene, then it will be rather boring for you. Elhovo isn't that far away, nice drive in the summer, but crappy in the winter.