No response in an emergency call to a Thai embassy outside Thailand.

A week ago I desperately tried to contact the Thai Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh.  Regarding a plea for help from a Thai national there, who feared for her safety and requested urgent help.  (This happened within a few kilometres of the embassy building).
Three e.mails were sent off with all the details to the embassy followed by continuous calls using the numbers on their web site. There has never been any reply or call answered, or even a voice mail facility there to leave a message in an emergency.  Needless to say the emails have never been answered or acknowledged. A week has now passed since this occurred.
How bad can it get!

Just as a comment. I know that Thai's are very hip to Facebook. The Thai government has made changes due to Facebook. One such example was last January when the government made a law that all new drivers licenses required a driving school certificate, at a cost of 6 k baht for the certificate. With Facebook posts Thailand reversed that "law".
Is there any way of getting this post on Facebook? Just a thought, because I won't use Facebook.

I seem to live on a different planet.   I would never expect a government agency to come to my aid for any reason  and I find Facebook a tremendously useful tool and resource.

yes, you do.