CiMB bank... any news update after the recent saga?

Recently CIMB bank was in the news due to losing customers particulars...any news update? Is it still safe to bank with CIMB?

In case posters are unaware

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/bus … er-9402326

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's CIMB Group Holdings Bhd on Monday (Nov 13) said some magnetic tapes containing backup customer data were lost during routine operations, adding that there has been no evidence so far that any data has been compromised.
The tapes do not contain any authentication data such as PIN numbers, passwords or credit card security numbers, the country's second biggest lender said in a statement.

This has not messed up their share price that has risen since they announced their new operations in the Philippines.

CIMB is the second strongest bank in Malaysia so no issue. Take Malaysian news with a pinch of salt.... With so little going on in the country of news worthiness, often reporting seems "sensational" without observing the backdrop.

Hi
CIMB is the worst bank I've ever seen. It's more than 2 weeks that I'm waiting for a simple transfer.
Very impolite staff as well

Money laundering and identity checks etc. It's quite a typical time line these days if bringing currency into Malaysia. You don't give details but its quicker usually to bring in say USD to a USD account here then exchange into MYR. Trying to put USD into a MYR account via exchange is always problematic.

Follow up with the source bank if an incoming transfer as they can usually resolve issues better than through the receiving bank

Yes it is safe. It is one of the largest banks in Malaysia. You should only be worried if there was a bank run like the subprime mortgage crisis back in 08 in the US.

hamid108 wrote:

Hi
CIMB is the worst bank I've ever seen. It's more than 2 weeks that I'm waiting for a simple transfer.
Very impolite staff as well

Open another account with a different bank haha.