Marrying an Egyptian man

I would really appreciate some help here

My Egyptian partner wishes to marry me with an orfi but to get it notorised in the court.  He would like to announce it, have a party etc

My question is, I own property here, if he were to move in with me after marriage, should things go wrong, what would happen to my pre marital assets. Would he have any rights to them?

It's really not pleasant thinking such things but I feel it's necessary after hearing so many horror stories, I hope my story may be different.

Thanks in advance for any advice

I looked at this some while ago and it seems it's basically a sex licence with no real legal basis at all, and also considered haram in may quarters.
However, it stops you getting arrested if you're found having sex.
Be aware men abuse this form of demi marriage and often have a real wife somewhere.
Chances are you're just there for sex on the side.

Have a search for old threads

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=410834

well, it's complicated story.
first, you have to confirm that it's notorised in court.
second, he marry because sex with no marriage is haram and he make party because marriage in islam should be announced and everyone know about it not secret.
third, about pre martial assets, if you have what prove it's belong to you and you bought it. he couldn't take it by law.

Seriously don't do it your being scammed he will sleep with you then be off looking for his next one I known so many lying scum that do this .

Yes u are right. I thought he is so sincere and really loves me, but after feeling fed up, and got a good job in abroad he left me and got engaged

Markhaz wrote:

Seriously don't do it your being scammed he will sleep with you then be off looking for his next one I known so many lying scum that do this .

The thread is old and the OP has never returned to tell the story so we don't know what happened.
I would strongly recommend not engaging in any marriage using this method as it really is just a sex licence, unless of course you're aware it has no force in law and it is purely for legalised sex, and you're fine with that.
However, generalisations about 'all Egyptian men' are a bad idea as I've pretty sure all men are different, just as all women are.