Income Requirement for a Partner Residence Permit

Hi.

My boyfriend and I want to apply for my residence permit as unmarried partners. He doesn't meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor me, studying and working half time but he has savings.

We have called the IND but they haven't given is a clear answer regarding the following, some of them were not even aware of this rule on the IND website:

Until 1 January 2018 applies: The income from your own funds is sufficient when 4% of these funds, converted per month, at least equals the income requirement.

QUESTION: We want to know if that means that 4% of his savings should equal one month of salary. Does anyone have experience with this?

Because after January 1st, the law changes!
From 1 January 2018 applies: The income from your own funds is sufficient when the benefit from the base of savings and investments at least equals the income requirement.

Feedback would be very appreciated.

You have said in a previous post that your boyfriend is Dutch and living in Holland.  It would almost certainly be better if he makes an appointment to go and see the IND and explains his situation and gets a formal answer; once you have that, you can either comply with those or perhaps appeal what he has been told.

Do anyone know the income requirements for applying for residentcy in the Netherlands? Please let me know.
Bonita