Immigration to Indonesia

Hi
I am planning to immigrate to Indonesia but I heard the resident permit in Indonesia not easily, could you please explain to me how to get resident permit
Thank you
My Nationality from Saudi Arabia

Need more details.
Work, retirement or social?

Hi,
Thank you for reply, I am retired and I want to stay in Indonesia

Retirement is easy if you have cash.
You must prove a minimum pension of whatever sort, rent a house, hire a housemaid and have medical insurance.
You have to have an Indonesian sponsor and that can get expensive as a lot of agents have latched on to the idea of ripping people off for a lot more than the cost of the visa.

How much should someone pay for a sponsor.  Just a citizen of Indonesia.  I have heard and been told anywhere from $2,000 up to $10,000  which I think is outrageously high.
I was told by an immigration officer anyone who is an Indonesian citizen can be a sponsor.

Digitarius wrote:

How much should someone pay for a sponsor.  Just a citizen of Indonesia.  I have heard and been told anywhere from $2,000 up to $10,000  which I think is outrageously high.
I was told by an immigration officer anyone who is an Indonesian citizen can be a sponsor.

The cost sort of depends as the sponsor takes on responsibility for the person they introduce so have a level of problem if you do something wrong. However, most expats don't know any Indonesians at first so they end up getting royally ripped off by bent agents.

I was looking at this issue for my mother and I was also told any Indonesian could act as sponsor, me in this case.

Thank Sir