Jobs in public health or NGOs

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I am just graduating college this year. I spent four months in Tanzania and I would love to go back. I'm looking for an entry level job/ internship/ even volunteer work that provides you with room and board. I would love for it to be with an NGO or in public health. If anyone has any information about who to contact or how to get started looking I would really appreciate it.

Best,
Adrianne

Hi Adrianne,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope that other members will be able to advise you.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Mh thats a tough one. I tried to get an internship last year and emailed like about 20 ngos/govt/charities in Dar, only about two replied really =/

The ones that were really keen on interns were: TWAWEZA (an NGO that deals with education and information) and the IOM in Dar. Other than those...no one else really replied.

I did end up with an internship, but that was with the govt and connections and stuff...seems to be the way things work back home =/.

Um, why dont you just work where you worked at first, then once you are in dar try to apply for other jobs. Its sooo much easier if you are already in the country and besides there is a huge need for labour in the health sector...just a thought. Are you planning to be in Tz for a long time or is it just a summer internship your looking for?

Lily :D

thanks for your reply and your help.
I am planning to be there for 2 to 3 yrs at least, see how it goes???
In th mean time I will keep looking!!!
thank you so much!!!

Justo

visit zoomtanzania.com or wavuti.com

Ndege wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I am just graduating college this year. I spent four months in Tanzania and I would love to go back. I'm looking for an entry level job/ internship/ even volunteer work that provides you with room and board. I would love for it to be with an NGO or in public health. If anyone has any information about who to contact or how to get started looking I would really appreciate it.

Best,
Adrianne