Hi from Lanzhou

Hi! I'm Vanessa and I have been living in Lanzhou for the past month. I will be staying here til February 2012. Would love to chat with some people :)

hi vannesa, greetings from Bejing, what do you do up there, in Lanzhou?

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lots of new contacts on the site. and how is life in Lanzhou?

All the best,
Christine

Hi, My hometown is in Lanzhou. But I am working in shenzhen right now. So you are english teacher in the university in Lanzhou. Am I right?I graduated from Lanzhou commercial college.

hengyinap wrote:

hi vannesa, greetings from Bejing, what do you do up there, in Lanzhou?

I'm teaching English at a school. Have you ever visited Lanzhou?
I've been to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Kunming and Xi'an but not Beijing.

Christine wrote:

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lots of new contacts on the site. and how is life in Lanzhou?

All the best,
Christine

Thanx Christine!
Life in Lanzhou is a bit slow, especially since I live downtown :)
Really enjoying the food and people are friendly.

joyce0107 wrote:

Hi, My hometown is in Lanzhou. But I am working in shenzhen right now. So you are english teacher in the university in Lanzhou. Am I right?I graduated from Lanzhou commercial college.

Hi Joyce!
What kind of work are you doing in Shenzhen and how long have you been there?
I am an English teacher but not in the university though.

Hi Vanessa, i used to have a friend work in Lanzhou 3 years ago for teach english. hows your life in LZ? i heard its not really fun place to live, i dont really know.do you have plan for come to Beijing?

realbeijingguy wrote:

Hi Vanessa, i used to have a friend work in Lanzhou 3 years ago for teach english. hows your life in LZ? i heard its not really fun place to live, i dont really know.do you have plan for come to Beijing?

Hi Alex. I find life in LZ a bit slow, but that might be because I live more downtown than city centre. There doesn't seem to be that much to do in LZ. I would like to visit Beijing sometime but I haven't made any definite plans yes. Do you work or are you a student?

yes i bet really slow, but i dont really know anything about LZ. maybe just beef noodle. haha .im working for a travel agency in Beijing, making trip to Maldives, from China to Maldives. so i got chance to go there sometimes, amazing place.
do you have skype? maybe we can chat online.  add me  alexlouchao

Just come back from Malaysia. I am the consultant for the hotel management. I have been in shenzhen for four months only. Lanzhou is slow, But compare to Malaysia still faster. However,Lanzhou is a cute city although weather is not so good in the spring. People in Lanzhou are honest, you will like this city very soon. May be you can go to college to meet some friend who is teaching or studying in the university.Understand you, in the remote city even difficult to find the foreigner.

did you add me on skype?

Hello Vanessa. I think I will be coming to Lanzhou in September on a placement for around 5/6 months. Found this thread Google searching for information on the place. I am pleased to hear you say that life is slow, although I hope it's not completely boring.

Once I confirm my placement I'll be sure to get in touch.

Hi Vanessa, I am a photographer, I am going to be there in november, I will contact you

Hi Cliob,

That would be great.
Are you passing through Lanzhou, just visiting or coming to work?
I see you are Venezuelan - that's quite interesting.
Have you travelled abroad or to China before?

I plan to take photos around the city and Linfen , I want to do a photo book about cities around the world with high exposure to air pollutants, Every year I visite China 3 or 4 month, but it is my first trip to Lanzhou,
My web site is carolablanco.photoshelter.com/
Thanks for reply

Thanx for sharing your website.
Your photos are really good.
I really enjoyed the ones on China.
How long will you stay in Lanzhou?

I donot know it, I am going to be there in november but I will contact you in advance, thanks for reply

Hi Vanessa, how are you? Its great to find an expat living in Lanzhou. Hopefully this thread isn't too old and I can actually get in touch with you. I am currently living in Hong Kong but am planning a trip into North Western China later this year. My plan is to fly into Lanzhou, purchase a motorcycle and drive Northwest through Dunhuang and eventually on to Urumqi and Kashgar. It is an intrepid trip but I feel that my experience travelling through China has prepared me well enough for this type of experience. I am also planning on making a side trip to the earthquake hit area of Yushu in Qinghai province to do some awareness and aid work. I just have 2 quick questions that I hope you can help me out on. First, have you heard any updates on how the Yushu area is doing lately? THere is a lot of internet coverage on the area immediately after the quake but little info on how the recovery has been lately. My other question is do you know any expats or locals who would be willing to sell a reliable motorcycle at a reasonable price. I know that I could probably just buy a bike upon arrival in Lanzhou but any advanced help would be amazing. Hopefully this isn't too much of a hassle to answer. btw, when I go from Hong Kong to Lanzhou I can stock you up on all of those western goodies you might be missing.   Thanks a bunch in advance

Pat McDermott

Hi guys,

I'm an English bass player gigging in Lanzhou.  I play in the resident band at The Thuringen Club, on Jing Ning Lu.  As far as I know we are the only foreign musicians in the city, our keyboard player is from Quebec and our singer and drummer from Trinidad.

If you're in town you should come down and say Hi, we gig every night apart from Sunday and play from 9pm until midnight.

Pat, I have also made friends with some local bikers who I met at our gig,  If you wanted I could contact them to try and find out some information on you buying a bike.

If possible then PM me on this forum, if that's not possible then I'll try to check back regularly.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Where on Jing ning lu is the club?

It's on the corner of on the crossroads with Gannan Lu, if you go there you can't miss it.

Hi I am from South- Africa, I am teaching in Lanzhou, and would love to meet other foreigners.

Hi vanessa claire welcome to Lanzhou.
Hope you are adapting well.
Wish you all the best:)

Hi, thanks for your msg, i see you are from Hangzhou, what do you do in Hangzhou? how long have you been in China?

Hi.
i am a student.
it will be a 1 year next month.
:)