Family of 5 wanting to move to the Netherlands

Hello all,

I am a 35 year old, white female, married and have 3 children under 7.  We currently live in a suburb close to Cape Town in South Africa.
We would love some information about  where and how to apply for jobs in the Netherlands.
My husband is a red-seal (international acknowledged) boiler maker (steel manufacturer).  I currently
work as an optical assistent for an optometrist, but will probably be with the kids if we move.  Salary wise - can a family of 5 be supported with only one income?
Then also general information about moving there, with kids - schools, paperwork needed ect.
We were looking at a little town, Alkmaar, but actually have no idea where the best work possibilities are, or good environment for kids with good schools.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Looking forward to it :)

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards
Almari

Welcome on board  :cheers:

If you click on the handy tools section and then on the expat guide, you'll find a lot of useful information to begin with.
I suggest to read it first and when you still have questions you can ask here on the forum.

Some general information:

Work permits will only be given when the company can prove that there are not Dutch employees available to fulfil the opening.
It means only high skilled people and those with rare experiences and knowledge will qualify.

Depending on the required lifestyle and the income you earn, it's possible to live on one salary.

For information about visa's and all sorts of permits you can visit the immigration website: www.ind.nl
They have also an English version.

Good luck with your search.